Chapter 3: The note

Liza POV
I'm deaf is all I hear when she says that. I talk a little longer to her, she can hear very little. She can't hear 95% of noises. I got out and sit on the couch with David.
"What are we going to do with her?" I say quietly.
"We could call the authorities." He says.
"No cause she has started to trust me I can't leave her." I say seriously.
"Are you saying you want to adopt her?" David questions.
"Maybe." I whisper.
Harlliegh POV
I can hear vibrations which means they're talking I don't know about what but about something. I find a pen and a empty notebook and I write. I write like there's no tomorrow, how I am, where I am, all of my abuse, how nice Liza is, how that man kinda looks like My "father".
I set it between the mattress and sit on the floor. I don't know what it is I'm not use to all of these objects that aren't on the ground. I tuck my knees in my shirt and just sit there wondering what my father is doing right now. If he finds me he's probably going to kill me and with that I cry myself to sleep. In my dream which turns into a nightmare. Liza is working with my dad and then I have to go back and live with him. When I go back he's meaner than before. I can't I just can't.
At that point I awaken with cold sweat coming down my face. There's a cool breeze coming from the vent. I'm breathing heavily. I just sit there trying to calm myself down knowing it was all a dream I don't have to go back and Liza is not bad after all she saved me.
I hear footsteps coming my way and I freak out.
"It's ok your safe I was just coming to tell you dinners ready if you want to eat." She says I think trying to be louder cause I told her that I'm deaf and I can kinda hear words not just buzzing. I nod my head and stand up I'm so cold. I'm shivering when I walk.
"Do you want a sweatshirt?" She asks.
I wonder what a sweatshirt is. Maybe a type of shirt that use for sweat. I give a confused look and she goes into her room comes back with a big white shirt with long sleeves that has a check and says just do it. I hesitantly take it and put it in. I'm warmer already. I give a small have smile and sit in the chair awkwardly. She brings out a plate of food that smells really good. I take tiny bites and it taste as good as it smells. I guess I was hungry cause I didn't notice the man with the black shirt and skinny jeans on the couch.
When I notice him my eyes get wide and I breathily deeply. Your ok.he's good. Your safe. I say to myself in my head. I try but I can't I run to the room and sit in the corner.

Hey guys thanks for 20 reads in about a day and a half. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
~Abbie