The Long Path Home

Viktor P.O.V

      I sighed nervously as I sat down in the doctor's office waiting for my check up. I was nervous because I was planning on proposing to my as tomorrow 5 year boyfriend and hopefully fiancé. I knew he was going to say yes. I drifted off into space the nurse bringing me back to Earth with  "Viktor Nikiforov the doctor is ready to see you.". I smiled at her when I stood up and walked back to where I was supposed to.

     After we got over the normal check up routine my doctor looked at me with a serious expression. "Son, I need to talk to you. Do you have any..... major plans near?" He asked. I nodded, "Yes I'm going to propose to my boyfriend." He sighed and looked up at me. "I feel horrible saying this but you need to know, I'm afraid you have brain cancer and it's pretty serious. We looked at your medical history and estimated about 2 weeks to live. It is spreading all over your body and there is no way we can stop it. I'm sorry". I looked down and started crying.

      He gave me a side hug and left, leaving me to my own thoughts. What should I do about Yuri? What will he think? I decided to not let him know. After crying for about 5 more minutes before I got up and left. I made some resorvations for Yuri's favorite restaurant and tried to put the thought of me having cancer out of my mind.

     I pulled into the drive-way and walked up to the door. I stepped into the door and put my stuff down. "Yuri! I'm home!" I yelled through our house. I took off my jacket and put it on the coat hanger before walking to the living room to sit down. Before I sat down Yuri popped our of nowhere and hugged me which made me fall back on the futon. I laughed as Yuri hid his head in my neck out if emberrassment. I kissed his forehead.

     I just sat there and cuddled with him. Thinking about my life. What would the world think? What would his family think? What would Yuri think? He couldn't just marry him and leave. That wouldn't be right....... He sighed. He knew what he had to do, but he would regret doing it. "Yuri." He said, sadness laced in his voice and tears forming in his eyes.

    Yuri looked up at me and nodded, signalling for me to continue. I kissed Yuri. "You know how when we got together I said I would do anything to make you happy?" I asked Yuri. He nodded. "I'm doing this for you okay?" I asked.

    "Viktor what's wrong you're scaring me." Yuri said. "I love you........ but I have to leave you." Pain across the right side of my face. All I felt. A ringing in my ears. He stood up sobbing. "What happened to loving me more then I love myself?! I trusted you!!!" He yelled and ran out of the door. I sighed, how could I have forgotten from the Cup of China.

    Skaters hearts are like glass. And I just shattered his.