The Long Path Home

Viktor P.O.V

     It's been about 2 weeks. I'm lying here in the hospital. My final death bed. I haven't told Yuri. I haven't told anyone. I pulled out my phone and posted on twitter.
       I ended it with YuriKatsuki1993 . I'm here on my death bed after being diagnosed with brain cancer. I'm sorry Yuri..... I love you.

     I got off my phone. They were going to kill me by injection which would end me in 5 minutes. I put the engagement ring in a box with a note. I handed them to the nurse and told her they were for Yuri Katsuki. I laid down and relaxed myself, accepting death and the fate it has brought me.

     Yuri P.O.V

     I looked at the tweet with shaky hands and teams streaming down my face. I threw on a jacket and bolted out the door to the hospital. I can't believe he didn't tell me. I can't believe I didn't know. I still love him. I sprinted inside the hospital and found out Viktor's room number. I bolted there and as the doctor walked out he said sadly "You have 5 minutes. I walked in and sat down next to Viktor and stroked his hand.

      "Why? Out of all people it has to be you who this happens to. I still love you....." I said and looked at him sadly.

   4 minutes.

     "I know. I love you too. I ended it so you wouldn't get hurt-" Viktor started but I quickly cut him off. "Of course I would get hurt either way!"

   3 minutes

    We just sat in silence, enjoying each others company and time before it was up.

   2 minutes.

   The clock ticked ever so slowly as I thought of what I would do without him.

    1 minute.

   "Viktor I love you. " I said sobbing. "Yuri I... love you too." He said and lenses up the best he could. I leaned down and gave him a kiss, just before his lips turned cold and the heart monitor went flat.

   I'm out of time.

   I broke down sobbing onto the floor nurses coming in to help me. They sat me in a chair and handed me a box. "It's from Viktor." The nurses said before exciting the room. I opened the box to see a note. It read:

       Dear Yuri Katsuki,

     I am dearly sorry it had to be this way. I wish I could have stayed with you forever but this is what happened. I remember the shocked look on your face when I said I'll be your coach, and the happy face when we first kissed. All my happiest moments were with you. I was planning on props in to you on our 5th year aniversiry but I thought it wouldn't be fair to just marry you and then leave. I'm so so sorry Yuri. I love you.

                                 Best Wishes, Viktor Nikiforov.

  I noticed something shine in the box. I pulled it out. This is what broke my heart. It was a necklace with two engagement rings on it. I put it on and ran outside. I ran into traffic wanting to be with him. The final thing I saw was the blood and sun. I saw him calling out to me, to stay, but I didn't. I couldn't. I smiled as I felt the life drain from my body. I could be with him again. I love you, Viktor Nikiforov.