2 - A Dance?

Once the duo got in front of the class door, Rigby saw a paper being pinned at the notice board next to the class. He approached and read,"Class... Seating... Plan..."

"Ah, yes! We're still seating next to each other. Aren't you happy, buddy?" Rigby slightly exclaimed.

Eileen's eyes widened. "Cool! We get to chat without giving signs or notes like our first year here."

They were chuckling when Rigby got slapped in the back. "'Sup guys!" a familiar voice greeted.

"Yyeeaaaooww!! What the H?!!" he cried, before turning his vision. 

It was just Rigby's another best friend, Mordecai. They usually hang out and do guys stuff together. They have met since they were toddlers, about a year before Rigby met Eileen. As for her and Mordecai, they seemed to get along despite their different interests and clique.

However, lately, Mordecai fell head over heels for his last term's seating neighbor, Gracie Harper. He was not the only one who had been crushing on her, though, since she was the queen bee in their year. She had just everything that everyone needed.

She had quite long burgundy hair that matched her prep outfit, making her looks even exquisite with her fair skin. Her height also appeared to be the class average, 5'4" (163 cm). Beneath her beauty, there was her good permanent record which had not been affected so far. Not to mention her family background, they often donate fortune for the needy ones. In other words, she was perfect. Since then, Mordecai kind of distanced himself away, like the other fanboys, just to get noticed by Gracie.

"Morning, Mordecai," Eileen smiled. "Why didn't I see you in the bus just now?"

The slender teen scratched behind his neck with an embarrassed look on his face. At first, he hesitated, which eventually he answered anyways. "You guys know my mom. She told me that she wanted to tape her last time sending me to school in our senior year and whatever."

Then, they could not help but having a laugh together sure cheered up everyone's mood. Mordecai leaned into the board before saying,"Cool! I get to sit next to her! And in front of you, Rigby. This term is gonna be the best one."

Ring~

After they confirmed their seats, they settled down when they spotted the homeroom teacher, Mr. Ross came in. Mordecai who was very happy to see Gracie, suddenly frowned when he looked at Gracie's right.

'Oh, no... Benson?!'

Benson who noticed him too made a disgusted face as the two were self-proclaimed love rivals, fighting for Gracie. They kept on death-glaring each other. 

Poor Benson, though, as the Dunwoody adults were too busy managing their anger issues that they forgot their son was a year later when they signed him up for school. He had always been made fun of for being old-looking. Enough with backstories, we now shall focus back to the present timeline.

With a stern look, Ross commanded, "Alright kids, you know who I am and all so I don't need to introduce myself, AND you guys too as I've read your last year's reports. Boy, most of you people did bad last year."

The whole class gasped in horror. Eileen calmed down by mentally advised herself,'Yours weren't bad. In fact, it's the school record. Don't worry, he's referring to someone else.' As for the guys, they could only sigh and shrug it off.

"People! I'm not done yet," Ross scoffed. He went through his papers and pulled out a neatly designed fancy-looking poster. Some girls already started squealing when they read the title:

WEST ANDERSON HIGH SCHOOL SPRING DANCE 

He added,"This thing will be held in February 23rd in the school auditorium. You kids gotta have a dance partner and all, yadda yadda, and those regular school dance rules you already know. However... Make sure all of you commit your efforts AND come to this dance. If I see anyone, I mean ANYONE of you who didn't do nothing, ooho, you'll be sorry. GOT THAT?" he glared at Rigby, as they despised each other.

In his first year, Rigby had always been caught by Mr. Ross whenever he tried to break any school rules. The teacher himself fancied making 'short people won't go far in life' just to tease Rigby.Rigby folded his arms and voiced a "pfft". 

Hearing Ross saying that they needed to find a dance partner, Eileen's smile turned upside down.Worried, she turned to Rigby and asked in a whispering tone,"Hey, you will go, right? It's like the biggest event before graduation, dude!"

"Of course I'll go! After all... Um, never mind. But still, I'll be there to rub Ross's wrinkly face!" He muttered with the lack of confidence. Eileen raised an eyebrow in response, hoping that he will go too, or else she might experience the event without her long-time friend.

Meanwhile, Mordecai and Benson had thoughts on their own to ask Gracie to become their partner.

Things would get pretty wild in the mad school, just for an event like that.

'I hope Rigby ask me to go with him.'

'I hope Eileen would accept me to become my dance partner.'

A/N: Well, I'm gonna update this book every 2 weeks... Opinions are welcomed ^v^

I FEEL SO HAPPEH