Chapter 2: Behind a smile

*Hazel's POV*

A month ago, my long time boyfriend proposed marriage to me while we were having fine dinning inside a world class restaurant. Yes, I know its very common like what we find mostly in movies, with candle light and violin playing in the background. But from that day on, the smile on my face never fades away.

It just keep on popping like a zit when you're in love. The feeling was unexpected, so unique that it won't last, seems like I was pushed accidentally off the bridge for bungee jumping. So surreal.

I work as a nurse in the hospital for three years now. At 26, my career satisfies me with so many things. I put a lot of care to my patients like they're family to me. They touch my life more than anybody, inspiring me to strive more for their benefit.

And now that I am assigned to take care of Vincent Daniels--one of the world's famous race driver in his generation. I was star struck as one of his fan do whenever he smile. I don't know if I should consider myself as lucky, but our nurse-client relationship must retain though I wouldnt let him go out of the hospital without signing me an autograph.

Vincent Daniels is a very handsome man specially if you met him personally. He possess a very expressive cobalt eyes that can melt every woman walking down the street as he passes by. At 28, his sexy features were evident even if he appears to be sleeping. I dont know if that kind of body is a requirement for a car racer. Does it?

His dark brown hair lightens when hit by the sun. Aside from his blossoming carrer, his love for cars made him a great trader as his business.

He is a very friendly man. We talk about everything under the sun. I've been taking care of him for weeks now and hopefullly he'll gain his full recovery soon. His parents and sister visited him last weekend but went ahead back to Georgia at once to settle some business matters. And now he's alone, he told me not to leave him until my duty hours is done.

"I see that you're wearing a beautiful engagement ring? So when is the wedding?" He ask while slicing a meat on his food tray.

I was surprised by his question. He's a keen observer I thought. I looked at my left ring finger and watch my diamond ring sparkle with iridescent light.

I smiled and said, "I am not really used to talk about my personal matters with my clients, but I feel very comfortable with you. I noticed that you're a good listener and I am overjoyed because of my engagement. The wedding would be held six months from now."

It seems like I was talking to myself daydreaming about my upcoming wedding and belatedly realizing that Vincent Daniels was listening to me intently while chewing his food.

"He's a very lucky man to have you Hazel." He answered with a hint of disappointment and sadness in his tone. I tried to search for his eyes as I stood up from the sofa but he bent down to continue his meal.

My eyebrows met on what I heard. He sounded like a broken hearted man. Maybe, he was? But from his impeccable good looks, he can make a woman fall in love in no time.