Violet Sku: Zombie Hunter

Prolouge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was horribly hot. But, hey, the ozone will do that to you nowadays. In the year 2019, we have learned to adapt to anything mother-frickin’-nature has to throw at us. The U.S. has only 1/8 of our original population. The zombies are mostly taken care of. We eventually got a big enough force to drive them into boats and send them over to Antarctica. The ones that didn’t are the more… evolved zombies. Not that they out-smarted us…

                That’s where I come in. After world war Z, the crisis, the dark years, the walking plague, or whatever you want to call it, the governments wanted to make sure that all the zombies were taken care of. Each state has the same number of use-to-be senate officers. 2. Dos. Deux. Kaks. They also wanted the ‘zombie depletion officers’ or ZDO’s to already be trained. They took each states militias and officer-ized the two most competent. They kept the others, in case one of us died. They also had experimental drug tests for anti-pathogens. I am unable to say that I am happily one. No one is happy. I am a survivor of the painful tests and anti-pathogen blood runs through my very veins, even as I am writing.

I was fixed up in New/Old York, by Max Brooks. Yeah the guy that totally called the zombie apocalypse. When I asked how he knew, he said:

“No, I’m not that smart. I’m just really afraid of zombies!”

                I was surprised to say the least. To think, the American national trainer of zombie survival, ‘really afraid of zombies’?! I soon got back to my own state. You see, I was called up and told that we had a national crisis in af-eur-asia (also known as district 3 and Africa+Europe+Asia), another outbreak had happened. Nobody knew how, and we had to give them 23 of our trainees. Thankfully they did not have the anti-pathogen, and would hopefully be more careful than I had been over there. I have plenty of bite wounds to show for my efforts. So many in fact that one of the replacements saw me limping along and thought I would turn right then and there, my arm around a young medic. He pointed a pathetic glock at me and started shouting at the medic to drop me. Both of them almost wet their pants!

                It took a long time to explain it to them. I actually had to get their commander, who had heard about me. After all, being one of the 5 people that successfully became an Anti-pathogen human and didn’t kill themselves was a huge thing in the dark years.

This is my story.

The story of Violet Sku.

So shut up, and listen.