Chapter I

THURSDAY MORNING 3:00 AM

Beep Beep...

Beep Beep...

This is what I expected in the early morning when my phone rang. Basically, this is the perfect time for a murderer to escape from his deeds, from police, actually. Not only this, it's the perfect time to get my insomnia back as a crime investigator to get ready for investigations. After all,this is my duty, my job.......

SATURDAY MORNING 9:00 AM

I was just lying on the bed in a motel room thinking about the murder that happened four days ago. A Saturday in April, warm and sunny in San Vicente, California. I'm enjoying the sun and the warmth of the room. Back in my home town, Chelsea, it's probably raining. A cold rain. But here it's a fine, bright day and I'm waiting for my friend and fellow crime investigator, Frederick and reading the newspaper.

SAN VICENTE(Star-Press Feature)- Dr.Edward Luke is 27 years old. He is a well known psychiatrist in California, and is the youngest accused murderer in California history . . .

Beep Beep...

"Hello,John",said Frederick over phone. Have you reached California?"

"Yeah, but where the hell are you?"

"I'm really sorry to inform you lately,my friend. I'll be moving to Ottawa for a few days to see my sick mum. Her condition is a bit more critical than before. So I'll take care of her untill she gets better. I hope you'll handle the case perfectly."

"Yeah. I'll handle it, Fred. Take care of yourself and your mum. Hope to see you soon."

Well, now this case is totally up to me to handle it.

After graduating from Cambridge University, Fred and I took a special course in Forensic Sciences and joined ETF (Emergency Task Force) and have been working together solving the crime cases for the past three years. But now without him,it seems as if I'm an inexperienced person who recently joined there.....

SAN VICENTE(Star-Press Feature)- Dr.Edward Luke is charged for brutally killing his wife, Mrs.Nutan Luke,age 26, a highly acclaimed model in California.

Police found a revolver on a table in Dr.Luke's bedroom when they arrested him, he is also charged with possessing a set of lethal brass chains, a knife, a broken vase covered with blood . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello readers!

So I'm new here and this my 1st chapter of my 1st detective thriller on wattpad.
All I want to say is that if you really liked this chapter, please do cast your vote and comment to let me know what you feel about. If there is any mistake in my grammar, I apologise for this and promise you to bring forward more interesting themes of this story next time. Thanks a lot for reading. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

AlndtaC