Chapter 1 Part 1

It's a bright and sunny day. That new pizza place is nearly complete. Those new, what are they called? Animatronics are done too. My daughter cannot go near them though. She cannot get near HER. I cannot lose my only daughter.
"Hey William!" Said a construction worker."We're nearly done with the elevator and then we'll be done."
"Finally."Said William." How long do you think it will take?"
"Ehhh, about an hour or so."
"Good. Right on schedule. I can start the project tomorrow."
The project is really well paying. The only reason I'm doing this is because of the money. We need the money from this project. I canning let her near those killer machines. Please listen to me my daughter.
"Daddy!" Said William's daughter Charlotte or for short, Charlie."May I please play with the robot you made?"
"No my little princess."
"But why? Dose she have something wrong with her? Like one of those things you call, glitches?"
There is no glitches with the machines programming. I had to lie to my daughter.
"Yes princess. I have to fix her so do not go near her. Okay?"
"Yes daddy." Charlie had a sad face as she said the words."May I at least look at her?"
Charlie. She always had a way to get past my orders. But safely is how she played words.
" Okay. But from a far distance."
"Yes daddy" Charlie had a warm smile as she went to look at the machine." Your so beautiful! Why won't daddy let me play with you?"
The machine stood there silently. Lifeless. Charlie stood there as if she were a confused mannequin as she stared at the machine.
*sniff sniff * Charlie had sniffed the air. It smelled like birthday cake.
"You smell so good! Like birthday cake!" Charlie said. William watched Charlie the entire time."Oh I wish I could play with you but those dumb glitches are in your wires and everything!"
I wish she could understand why she can't play with that "thing". But she's to young. That thing can and will kill. That is the project. To test it on kids. See how they react to a murder bot. I cannot let my child be the victim of this project. I didn't even want to do any of this but we need he money. Stay away my daughter.
An hour or two pasted and the elevator was finished. William, Charlie, and one of the construction workers went in the elevator with the machine to put it on its stage in the middle of the room. William kept Charlie as far away he could from that machine.
"Daddy?" Charlie asked." Does she have a name?"
I have never thought of a name for this killer. I have no idea what to even call it. I should let her decide maybe? She is the one who wants to know.
"What would you call her?" William asked.
"You mean I can name her!!" Charlie's face lit up with joy.
"What a good idea William. Let ya kid name it." Said the construction worker.
"What is wrong with letting her name it?"
"Oh nothing, it's just, I mean, never mind."
What did he mean? What is wrong with her naming thing? I know he knows what his project is about. And a kid should name a bot for kids right. Oh, that's right. This is a killer bot. I see what he means now.
"Daddy?" Charlie said."Can we name her Baby?"
Just as I thought. With her at such a young age, she would pick a adorable name for something that she thinks is adorable.
"That is a perfect name Charlie."
"You really think so!"
William let out a little laugh.
"Of course my little princess. But I have a question for you. Why choose Baby as her name?"
"Because she reminds me of a adorable little baby!"
Of course she thinks it looks like a baby. I did have to make it look like it was kid friendly and not a killer robot.
"Daddy? Was she hard to make? What can she do?"
The more she asks, the more she will find out that thing or "Baby" is not what she seems.
"Well, she can dance, she can sing, and the holes at the bottom of her fingers can blow up balloons."
"With helium or just plain old air?"
William let out another small laugh.
"Helium. Why do ask such a question Charlie?"
"Oh I just wanted to know! Thank you for telling me."
Just like any old child. She asks some weird question to some informational ones. Why must I kill children for this project? Why not adults? This makes it worse, if I get caught then I'll go to jail and lose my daughters trust. But we need the money William. Do it for Charlie!
It was getting dark so everyone left the site and went home. The construction worker watched William and Charlie the entire time they were down there. Once they got home, William went and watched his TV show with a vampire and a human girl fighting over the baby. Charlie went to her room to play with her toys.
What a sin. I never wanted to ever lie to my very own daughter. What a sin indeed. I just need to get through this so called "project" and I'll be living happily with my daughter, never living a lie again. We just need to get through this. Charlie, I love you. I don't want to lose you.