Intro

"Pretty baby, little child,
Come with me, I saw you smiled,

Give me your little hand,
We'll fly to the Wonderland,

I'll show you Candy Castle,
World without envy and hassles,

Just believe me, I can't lie!

You're much smarter than your peers,
Smarter than girls of your years,

I'm afraid you know too much, my dear,
I have to force you to keep quiet."

-from "Lament", song by MiatriSs

"Kids, no eating or drinking in the ball pit, please." your voice was heard among joyful shouting and laughter.

It was another normal day at the family restaurant. Since early in the morning the place had already been enlightened with people, noises and the animatronics' merry ditties, and now that lunchtime approached, the atmosphere was expected to get even more chaotic. Nothing too surprising, knowing the huge fame of the place. Through the large windows of the pizzeria, a colorful succession of cars could be seen stopping right in front of the main glass doors, momentarily halting on the sidewalk to allow new children to get down before leaving again, disappearing into the city traffic. Everywhere you turned, you could see hungry people sitting at the tables, waiters walking back and forth with trays of steaming pizzas and kids hand-in-hand with their parents, pulling excitedly toward an undefined place with big, bright smiles on their faces.

It had been almost six months since the day you crossed the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza's threshold with your resume tightly held in your hands. Your initial nervousness had soon turned into surprise for the speed with which the boss of the place had hired you, not even giving you the time to properly introduce yourself. They really needed for new staff, apparently. Despite his strange behavior, at that time you didn't spend so much time in thinking about it due to the major fact you really needed a job. Moreover, this place happened to occupy a very special spot in your memories since in turn you used to be a guest during your childhood. After all these years, the place surely had undergone several changes, starting with the animatronics, now more numerous and modern compared to the originals. Conversely, your thoughts didn't change at all. This restaurant never failed to put you into a good mood and you knew it never would.

And now here you were again, almost twenty years later, this time in a light blue, Freddy Fazbear's guard uniform, standing up like a soldier near the playroom's main door and watching over the young guests with a warm smile on your lips; your eyes wandering from a child to another as you looked at them playing thoughtlessly. As a supervisory guard, your job was to supervise children during the absence of parents, thus preventing them from getting hurt or leave the mentioned room. Useless to say the whole situation was particularly chaotic and noisy in there, causing most of adults to get out no longer than ten minutes later with a pounding headache. As for you, you actually didn't mind very much. The first days had been hard, sure, but you could say your ears had by now grew used to it and, most importantly, you had finally found the unlimited time job you had sought for long. An active, social job in a friendly place surrounded by happy kids. How could you have asked for more?

"Busy day, huh, love?"

You turned as someone called you from the threshold, interrupting your thoughts. "Oh, hi, Vincent!" you greeted your fellow worker, spotting him leaning against the door frame.

A perfectly white grin crossed the tall man's sharp-featured face. He wore a Freddy Fazbear's Night Watch uniform with a golden badge on the right side on his chest, similar to yours except for being completely... purple. Literally, every single piece of fabric that covered his body, from his trousers to his policeman-like peaked cap was of a dark purple color, making exception for the black necktie and a same color belt. No wonder that people of the restaurant often referred to him with the nickname of Purple Guy. Although it may sound strange, you found instead that they matched pretty well with the man's tanned skin and athletic physique, giving him an ominous yet attractive look. He had long, slightly ruffled hair tied into a fluffy ponytail, with bangs covering his forehead and stubble on his chin. Purple, obviously. Despite his whole eccentric appearance, a certain element of him had particularly surprised you since the very first day you met: his eyes. His irises were of a singular, pale grey color- platinum, almost, with sharp, black pupils, feature you had never seen in any other person.