Chapter 9- The party

Over the next few days Emily was spending more and more time with Luke and making up pathetic excuses to see him, purposefully making sure I knew where she was. I trusted Luke but every time they were together I couldnt help but think the worst. What if she took advantage of the situation and made Luke do something he would regret?

We had a party coming up at the weekend which the whole of our year at college was invited to. Everyone was talking about it, the girls were worried about what to wear whereas all the boys could seem to say was 'who are you planning to pull?'. I knew...well I hoped that Luke would remember who I was and maybe decide against 'pulling' someone. I was becoming more paranoid every day and being on the edge all the time was eating me up. I didn't know whether Luke realised how special he was to me, I'd never talked to a boy properly before Luke so even making conversation with him was a massive step.

Saturday came around quick and before I knew it Luke was picking me up and we had arrived. The music was booming down the road and all you could hear was screaming and singing pouring out of the open windows. I was hesitant to even enter the house because for a relatively unpopular girl like me I'd never been to one of these parties...I had absolutely no idea what to expect. If I knew what was coming I think I would've run home before I'd even entered.

Me and Luke had decided that we should spend some time with our friends. Since I started speaking to him I had kind of abandoned them and everyday there was an overwhelming feeling of guilt that hung over me.

"Oi Ell! Hello stranger, decided to finally speak to us then have we?" Steph shouted accross when she spotted me,

"OMG! It's so good to see you, I've missed you so much!"

"Yeah...it really looked like it when you were all loved up with your boyfriend' Fran whispered under her breath,

"No, I genuinely did...you know how it is, he just wanted to spend time with me, I'm so sorry though!"

"Oh Fran leave her alone, we don't mind...actually it's good seeing you talk to an actual boy not obsessing over some boyband!" Steph replied giggling to herself.

As the night went on I was having more and more fun but I was completely oblivious to what Luke was doing, and when I found out it was awful. Absolutely awful.