London.

"What! No way! Connor you owe me $10!" Ricky shouted,I expected Justin to be angry at them for betting on him, but he was too busy smelling my neck.

It took me a while but I finally realised there was only five of them. "Isn't there normally six of you?" I frowned and they all looked around and kian spoke, "Yeah,where's Sam? That's odd.." And he left to go find Sam.

*

A little while after kian left I felt a sharp pain in my right wrist and justin was the only one that awoke from my squeal. 'Whats wrong?' He asked hugging my close to his chest. It was silent for a couple more minutes until a crying kian walked in and Justin looked at him expectedly, 'it's Sam, hes done it again.' By this time everyone was awake, kian sobbing once again, Ricky comforting him, Trevor and connor sitting awkwardly in the corner not saying a word and justin hugging me close with tears slowly cascading down his face. Just looking at Justin's tears made my heart clench. The only thing heard for the rest of the right was Kian's slow sobs as I wondered what Sam had done.

*

Curiosity got the better of me and I slowly crept up the stairs and found the door that had ' S A M ' on the front of it in foam letters. I put my ear to the door and listened to see if he was awake, my questions were soon answered when I heard the most angelic voice I have ever heard slowly humming a song I knew all too well.

"I threw a wish in the well.

Don't ask me I'll never tell,

I looked at you as it fell,

And now you're in my way,

I trade my soul for a wish,

Pennies and dimes for a kiss..'

And it slowly faded off and it was silent until I heard a boys voice around my age say, 'Alaska, I know you're there, I know who you are, I know why you're here and don't worry, they tried to take me too, don't be afraid to ask questions, I'm sure you're curious, come in.' And I did just that.

*

A few hours had passed by and I had learnt a lot about Sam, why he was here, favourite colour etc. But not the real reason I came here for.

'Sam, what did you "do again"' he sighed and pulled up his sleeve and I saw fresh lines scattered on his right wrist and I gasped and felt a tingling in my right wrist. 'Sam, when you did it, I felt a searing pain in my right wrist, why?' He sighed again and said 'that's my next story.'

'I woke up one day, and my mum was downstairs with two men. The two men explained that a man wanted me in his pack because I was the last lilac sapphire wolf left, so they knew I was strong-'

Before he could continue Justin barged through the door and slammed Sam up against the wall by his neck. 'Stay. Away. From. My. Mate.' He said slowly and threw Sam on the floor and I quickly ran to his aid. 'No Alaska, leave him. He's a weak pup, he doesn't deserve you're time.'

He begin to walk away and I could feel the anger bubbling up inside of me.

'Justin! Jc! For god sake you've hurt him! Sam is my bestfriend and he can be around me if I want him to!'

Justin looked angrily from me to Sam and Sam managed to choke a few words out,

'She won't survive without me, I'm her guardian, whenever I'm in pain she will feel it and vica versa. There's a boy another pack, Nawn Dust, I'm sure you have heard of them; he is her second guardian, except they will not feel each others pain until you and her have mated.'

I could feel waves of regret coming from Justin as he looked at his feet and mumbled,

'Sorry Sam, you are my delta and I shouldn't have treated you that way, I'm sorry, I was just jealous because she's my mate. I'm sure you would do the same if lo-' he was cut of by Sams mumbles of how it doesn't matter and how they promised they'd never say her name again.

I gave Justin a look of confusion and I heard his voice in my mind;

'London was Sams mate, she died giving birth to pups that were not Sams, but his best friend Jarred's. London was dating jarred before she met same and she ended up pregnant. Two months into the pregnancy she met Sam, and had to leave jarred, obviously it angered jarred to the point where he put Sam in hospital for six months. Which only left London and Sam a month together, most of that time London couldn't walk, couldn't move and Sam spent the whole time at the hospital with her. Jarred never came back except on the day London gave birth. As soon as the pup came he took it and they haven't seen him since.' He explained and I felt deep sorrow, that must've been hard on Sam, barely meeting his mate before she passed.

Silence filled the room and I pulled Sam from the floor and tucked him into bed before getting into my own bed with Justin.