You Are My Sunshine

Song lyrics
Flashbacks
Normal

This is my first songfic and oneshot
The whole thing will be in third POV or Shikamaru's POV
***********************************

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping I dreamed I held you in my arms

"Shika come on!" I wanna get ramen! She yells as I walk slowly, a barely there smirk on my face as we walked from the academy.

"Alright, but there's no need to shout." I say and she huffs cutely.

But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

I sit up and shake. I'm a Jounin now and I still get dreams about her. I don't know why maybe it's because I love her ,but I can't have her.

So I hung my head and I cried.

I'm shaking with broken sobs when Temari wakes up. She tries to comfort me, but she knows she'll never be able to replace her. My Naruto.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

"Shika, I passed! Look I got my hitatake too, dattebayo!" Naruto cheers while pointing at her forehead protector while doing her little pose. My smile widens when her verbal tic comes out.

You make me happy when skies are gray

"Tch, it's raining. Now I can't watch the clouds today so troublesome." I say. "Now I can't see Naruto today as well." Then someone barrels into my room.

"Shika, it's raining today, so do you wanna play shogi!?" Naruto yells. She is completely soaked. Her jumpsuit is clinging onto her body tightly. Her wet hair is dropping and causing left over water to run down her face. I blush and walk to the bathroom. I come back into the room and throw a towel at her.

"Alright I'll get it out, but dry of first." I day and she smiles whole nodding.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Me and Choji were at the barbecue restaurant.

"Chouji, I don't know what to do." I sigh and Choji blinks at me.

"Well that's something I thought I would never hear you say. What's up?" He asks and I nod.

"I think I love Naruto, but I don't know how to tell her." I say and he laughs.

"It's Naruto just tell her over ramen." He says and I sigh.

"Troublesome, I'll tell her after the Chunin exams. I don't want her to be distracted." I say and he shrugs.

Please don't take my sunshine away

"Hey Sakura have you seen Naruto?" I ask her. It's the day of the festival and Naruto's birthday. But every year I can never find her.

"No, I haven't seen her at all today. Why are you looking for her?" Sakura says and I glare at her.

"Today's her birthday and I want to spend it with her." I say and Sakura looks a bit shocked.

"Today's her birthday?" Sakura says and I want off so I don't slap her. I really want to find Naruto she was beating herself up for not being able to bring Sasuke back again. It's been two years since he left.

I'll always love you and make you happy,

Naruto was behind the academy building crying because the other girls were being mean to her again.