Now Is Good

I woke up, my body aching. I sat up and put my hand to my head - last night was a good night , I know because I can't remember a thing. I swung my legs out of bed and slipped my slippers on. I made my way downstairs to find dad sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

"And where were you last night?" he asked his face still behind the newspaper.

"I told you, I was out" I replied.

"Out" he quoted me.

"Yes, out" I said whilst filling a glass with water.

I took out a tablet and swallowed it.

"Tessa, you're killing yourself by the second" he said slightly pulling the newspaper away from his face.

I walked over to him and sat on his knee. He wrapped his arm around my stomach and held me there whilst looking at me waiting for me to speak.

"Look daddy, I'm dying of leukaemia and I've not got long left, you're going to have to accept that" I said getting straight to the point.

I saw his eyes slightly teary, he gets upset every time I mention it. I looked him straight in the eyes and smiled.

"Tessa, you're my little girl, I can't stand seeing you like this, and when you go out partying until 4am, it's not helping" he said trying to make me feel bad.

"Dad you always tell me to get out of the house, and when I do you tell me not too?" I sighed.

"Not like that Tessa, I said to make some friends and go out in the day, not going out partying"

I looked at him and sighed. I then stood up and said:

"You just think in going to end up like my pathetic excuse for a mother"

I sighed and walked to the stairs before shouting:

"Me and Stacey are going out today"

I ignored his answer and walked upstairs. I swung open my door and ran to my bed and then I picked up my phone and dialled Stacey's number. Three rings before she picked up.

'Hello?'

'Hey Stace, what times you and your boyfriend picking me up?'

'Around 1:30'

I glanced at the clock beside my bed; 11:00.

'Okay, I'll be ready. bye'

'Bye Tessa'

I slung my phone on my bed and walked to the bathroom. I put a towel on the towel rack and stripped my clothes off. As I took my top off I caught a glimpse off a purpley-bluey bruise on my back. I ran my hand over it and frowned.

"Eh, probably just a bruise from last night" I shrugged.

I switched on the shower and stepped in, the Icy cold water hit my back and I shivered. I let the water warm up before washing my hair and body. I washed my body with the usual dove body wash and then rinsed. I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I ran back to my room before anyone saw me.

"Tessa Tessa!" I heard my little brother scream.

"Don't come in! I'm naked Bailey!"

I heard him stop and walk to his room and I laughed.

I dried my body and then slipped into my lacy bra and pants. I walked over to my wardrobe and picked out some black super skinny jeans with a baggy purple jumper. I slipped them on and then glanced at the clock: 11:59.