CHAPTER TWO

Present Day
May 27 2016

Lori Harvey

I put on a big smile as I walk into my parents room, seeing them sitting on the bed having a conversation. "The party has arrived." I say before crawling in between them. My mom begins to laugh while my dad looks at me crazy.

"What were you guys talking about?" I say as I take my phone out of my pocket. "We were talking about how you are turning eighteen tomorrow." My mom says. I look at her. "You grew up so fast, Lori. I swear I wish you'd could be little forever." She says which causes me to smile. "Dad, since I'm turning eighteen tomorrow. I can finally have a boyfriend. Right?" I say while looking his way.

"Yes, but don't get to comfortable with the young man. He might come up missing." He says which causes both Mom and I to laugh. "Y'all know this cutie has them lined up." I say which causes them both to look at me crazy.

"I love you both so much." I say before kissing them both on the forehead. "I love you more." Mom says. "I love y'all both more than you'll ever imagine." Dad says which causes both Mom & I to smile.

Mom and Dad then leaned in for a kiss. "Yeah, that's my cue to leave." I say as I hop out of the bed and head into my room.

I showered last night so all I had to do was get dressed. I began to put on a purple, black and gold button up and black jeans and for my shoes, black lace up pointed toe flats.

I brushed my hair back into a curly ponytail, and I put nude lip gloss on.
Before leaving my room, I took a glance in the mirror. "Who's that baddie?" I say referring to myself.

I then head back into my parents room to tell them that I'm leaving

"I'll be back soon peeps." I say while peeking inside their room. "And where are you going missy?" Mom asks. "I'm treating myself for lunch." I say. "By yourself?" Dad asks. "Yes, I'll be fine." I say. "Okay, call us if necessary." Mom says. "Okay, love you guys!" I say before exiting their room. "Love you!" I hear mom yell back.

I head outside to my black Rolls Royce. I get in and I turn on Don't Want You by Ella Mai. "It's cool, I don't want you no more." I sing along as I drive to my destination.

I smile to myself as I park my car and head into the restaurant. I'm so hungry right now. I get seated right away and I was already prepared to order. "Can I have four bruschetta and a side house salad." I ask. "Yes, and your drink?" The waiter asks. "A glass of lemon water is fine." I say. She nods and heads backs to the kitchen.

I began to get the uncomfortable feeling that someone was watching me. It didn't bother me a lot, after all my parents are famous. Paparazzi follow me everywhere.

By the time I finished my food, the feeling was still there. Even when I was driving home. This is weird. Good thing is you need the password to enter my driveway.

Ahh, being rich is amazing.

___________________________

Who do you guys think was following Lori home?