chapter thirteen

One week into the vacation Scarlett and her sister were lying on the couch in the living room, watching Christmas episodes of Alf and groaning occasionally. They were bored out of their minds, to say the least.

Christmas had went by quite fast. Her friends had sent her the presents they got for her per owl-post, and her aunts and uncles had come over for Christmas dinner once.

As per usual, her aunt Iphigenia told Scarlett how skinny she had become, and that she should try harder at school and cut her hair. She did that every year.

All in all, it was in fact quite boring.

She decided to stand up and put on a different jumper, because she always seemed to sweat a bit when she was at home wearing them. She scoffed.

Her sister gave her an odd look, "Where are you going?"

"My room," she replied and walked upstairs. When she arrived in her room she put off her jumper, and froze when she heard something knock on her window.

She looked at it, and when she saw a small rock being thrown against her window, her eyes widened and she mumbled, "Merlin's beard."

She walked slowly towards the window to look out and grabbed her wand from her bedside table, only to see Sirius and Remus standing on the street. Sirius was holding a bunch of stones in his hands, and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Boys, what the Hell?" She shouted, trying not to be too loud. Sirius jumped, the stones falling to the floor.

"Scarlett, my dearest crony! We decided we would pay you a visit!" Sirius shouted, his voice filling the silence down the whole street.

"Quit the screaming," the girl whisper-shouted. He shrugged, "We'd like to come in, but I should not be seeing what I am seeing right now. That outfit you're wearing should only be a sight for Moony when you're getting it on!"

Remus blushed, and Scarlett didn't understand the meaning of what he said. A cold breeze was grazing her shoulders and she looked down.

Then she realized what Sirius had meant. She widened her eyes as she was only wearing a bra.

She closed the window and put on a navy jumper that was lying on a chair, and ran down the stairs to open the front door.

Sirius was leaning in the door frame, a grin on his face. He walked past Scarlett into the kitchen and hugged her mother.

"Sirius!" She exclaimed, "How are you, my boy, do the Potters treat you well? Oh, have a biscuit!"

Scarlett rolled her eyes and turned to Remus, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, every year at Christmas we stay at the Potters' house. And I had just arrived there when Sirius told me he needed to buy cigarettes. Turns out he was lying," he replied, looking down at his girlfriend while shaking his head.

She opened her mouth to respond when her mother arrived behind her.

"Oh, and this handsome boy must be Remus?" Her mother smiled while drying her hands with a hand towel, "Scar has been telling me a lot about you. Do come in, dear."

"Would you like some biscuits-" "No mother, we're going upstairs!" Scarlett interrupted her mother, already halfway up the stairs.

She opened her bedroom doors and let the boys in, "Welcome to my humble home," she smiled.

Sirius spread out on her bed, "I've missed it here. Remember our sleepovers?"

"How could I forget, you used to put whipped cream on my face when I was sleeping. Or you put it on my hand and then tickled my nose," she rolled her eyes. Sirius shrugged, "Classic."