Roomates

This was it. Princeton University. I am a student in Princeton University. A smile appeared on my face as I had that thought.

I was carrying a heavy backpack, my hair was in the neatest ponytail I could manage.

Not only was I in Princeton University, but my friends were here too. I listed their names in my head Laurens, Mulligan, Lafayette, Peggy, Angelica, Eli-. I ran into someone which obviously cut my thoughts off.
I ran into a girl, a hot girl.

My first day and already a possible shot with a lady. I got up and reached out my arm in a gesture to help her up.
She took my hand politely and smiled at me. She had long curly brown hair, lovely hazel eyes, and a red shirt with skinny black jeans. "I'm sorry" I said with a smile.

"Oh, it's just a minor inconvenience compared to what I went through earlier, good sir." She said with a small laugh.

"I don't believe we know each other. I'm Alexander. Alexander Hamilton." I said shaking her hand.

"Oh, I'm Maria Reynolds" She said smiling. "I look forward to seeing you around campus" she said letting go of my hand and brushing her hair behind her ear. We said goodbye and went separate ways.

I pulled out a piece of paper from my pocket, it had my room number written on it. I would have to have insane luck to get a room with one of my friends, but I was quite a lucky person. Even if I'm not with one of my friends, I highly doubt I'll be with someone I hate.

little time skip•

"BURR?" I yelled walking into my--our dorm. "Alexander?" Burr said while putting away his stuff and setting up some stuff "Out of all the people, Burr, I didn't even know you were going to this college" I said in disbelief. The last time I had seen Burr was when we got into a fight and he almost killed me. Needless to say, I didn't leave him with any particularly good memories.

"Relax Alexander, I've changed over the past years, I have nothing against you" Burr said calmly. "Well what if I have something against you?! You tried to KILL me!" I screamed. Burr sighed "listen, Alexander, I'm sorry. And if you really don't like me at all, maybe you'll like our other roommate better." Burr went into his room probably to avoid talking to me, which I didn't mind.

Wait, "Other roommate?" I said loudly.
Burr poked his head out of his door, "Yes, other roommate".
"No I was told that each dorm would consist of two people. Not three people, Burr, two people." I continued in my loud voice. "It was recently announced that there wasn't enough room, so we will be sharing rooms with three people."

I was stuck with two thoughts . 1- hope that the third person would be a friend. 2- I am not sharing a bathroom with three people.

I sighed "When's our other roommate gonna get here?" I said in a disappointed tone. "If I knew I would tell you, sorry Alexander. Now, I'll be setting up my stuff, don't talk to me unless it's an emergency." Burr said going back into his room.

I mean, I guess this could be worse. Burr isn't that bad, he seems calm. Well, he was calm at first last time I saw him too. I'll give him a chance. I really didn't want to bother setting up, my legs hurt from walking. I took a book out of my backpack and leaped onto the couch and started reading.

About a half an hour later, the door flung open. I jerked my head around and saw someone standing in the door frame. He was a tall figure with dark brown hair frizzy hair, tan skin, and a black button up shirt and some black jeans. He looked formal. He looked familiar...

I stood up and practically ran over to the door to greet the man. He was taller at this angle, like, at least a foot taller than me.

"Oh, hey! You must be our roommate!" I said reaching out my hand to shake his. The man hesitantly reached his hand out to meet mine and we shook hands. "Yeah, I guess so" he said with a smile.

I know that voice. I know that I know it, I just don't know who from, his name is on the tip of my tongue. "Don't I know you?" The man said.

He knows me, I know him I definitely do, oh my god who is is.
"Hello? Are you okay? Did I miss something" The man questioned.

Jefferson

Oh. MY GOD.
I lashed my hand away from his "EWW OMG" I said as I wiped my hand against my shirt. "oh mY GOD WAIT NO- HAMILTON?!" Thomas yelled as he cringed away from me. "NO THIS IS NOT HAPPENING" Thomas screamed. "BURR GET THE FUCK OVER HERE" I yelled turning around to Burrs room.

Burr ran out of his room and looked at me, then Thomas, then back at me.

We both anxiously waited for Burr to say something "...this should be fun" Burr said before heading back into his room.

Me and Thomas yelled at each other for hours on end, we didn't stop arguing until 9:00 at night because we didn't want to get a noise complaint. Burr spent the day in his room.

"So..." Thomas said looking up from his phone and over to me (I was reading). "There's only two rooms" Thomas sighed. Oh he's right about something for once. I thought before realizing we might have to share a room. "Who's sleeping on the couch?" Jefferson said looking back at his phone. Right. Sleeping on the couch. That works. "Earth to Hamilton?" Thomas said, again stopping his typing to look at me.

"You can sleep on the couch" I sneered. Thomas smirked at me "What if I don't want to sleep on the couch."

"When did I ask you what you wanted, Jefferson?" I said with a look of anger on my face. "Chill, I'm just trying start a conversation, we might as well try to get along if we're stuck as roommates."

Get along? With Jefferson?! Not in a million years. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, trying to regain focus on my book. "You'd be used to sleeping on the couch anyways, you and your stupid relationships." Thomas said with a smug look.

I slammed my book shut. Nope. Nu-uh. Last straw. I got up and walked over to Thomas. "Jefferson, you better watch you fucking attitude, I am literally restraining myself to not throw you out that window" I said gesturing to the window a few feet away from us.

"Why don't you then?" Thomas questioned raising one eyebrow. He is asking for a fight. I went back over to my spot on the couch and picked up my pillow and screamed into it.

I got up from the pillow and saw Thomas with a smug face. "Ok- that was fun. Now it's sleep time." I said walking towards the bedroom.

"Hey, we still haven't figured out who is sleeping on the couch!" Thomas shouted. "Keep your voice down!" I whisper-screamed.

"Fine y'know what? I have an idea. We'll just get two beds for one room, we can discuss it with Burr later." Thomas reasoned.

"Okay, but who gets the room tonight?" I questioned. "Well..." Thomas started. "You can have the room tonight" he sighed.

Should I thank him?. I came to my senses quickly, nope, I will never thank him. I just nodded and grabbed my bag and went into the room.

I lied down a blanket and a pillow and practically jumped onto the bed. I got out my phone and checked if I had any emails or messages. No new messages. Ok that's kinda sad but whatever.

I figured that everyone was tired from this busy day of getting moved in and stuff, so I didn't want to bother them with my texts.

I put my phone next to me and let my head fall on the pillow. For some reason I found it easy to fall into sleep. I hope I don't have these roommates permanently...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I'm sorry this story is pretty bad, and I know a lot of people don't like Jamilton, but I kinda low-key ship it (please don't hate me)
Btw please tell me if I've made any spelling mistake and if I could fix any parts of the story, I would really like to hear your suggestions!
Anyways I just hope you enjoyed the first chapter and I will try my best to get better at writing and I'll try write faster, I'll see you guys later!