t w o

After the camera crew left, My dad's chauffeur pulled up into the driveway, and I ran down to the front door to greet him. He opened the door, and gave me a quick squeeze, but then rushed off to his office to do more of what he does all day at work. I shrugged it off, he does that everyday.
~'~'~
"Hannah! Dinner!" I heard my mom call from the dining room. I got up off the living room couch, and walked to the table, where the rest of my family was already seated. My dad is at the head of the table, and my mom across from my brother, Dustin. I sat next to my brother, and he gave me a sheepish lopsided smile.

"Zoe!" My dad called, and our main housekeeper came into the room, carrying 4 bowls of salad. My dad thanked her, and she scurried off.

"So, how was everyone's day?" Dustin asked. All my friends say he's cute, but I don't see it. He had dark hair and light eyes, but don't let the popular-guy vibe kill you. He's one of the smartest kids in the world, having already graduated college at 17.

"Well, Mom had the camera crew come today..." I said.

"Yes, they did come," my mom added, "And you did great honey!" My mom smiled at me. Yeah right, all I did was bury my face I Jem's fur!

"Nothing really happened at work..." My dad said, checking his phone. His eyes widened, and looked at my mom. They shared a glance, and he excused himself quickly as he left the room. My brother looked at my mom worryingly, and she shook her head. I excused myself, and went back up to my room, and checked my phone. Nothing. I looked at Jem, who was sleeping on my desk. She didn't notice I came in. I flopped on my bed, and soon fell asleep.