The Right Match

I woke up to a nice winters day. I love winter. Today is my birth day and I'm exited, because it's my 13th birthday. My mother promised a surprise in the morning over the phone last night. I also talked to my dad last night, neither of them gave away any hints about my surprise. I was hoping my surprise would be my mom and dad coming home on my birthday for once.

It seems like I never get to see them. They always go away for months at a time, sometimes longer.

Anyways. I ran down stairs hoping to see them. It was 10:30 any longer and it won't be morning. Once I got in the living room all I saw was my empty living room. Then I saw a match box on the coffee table with a note pinned to it. That's strange, I thought, I never use matches and surly have never seen any just lieing  around the house.

I picked up the box and read the note, it said. light one match in front of a mirror only the right match will light choose the right match you will be helped choose a wrong match help comes late and you will be in a much more dangerous situation.

I was somewhat confused but still walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. It seemed stupid just doing what the note told me too, but it just felt... well... right.

I opened the box. It was full of matches with water blue tips. Great how on earth am I supposed to find the right match when they all look the same! Then I saw a little speck of red at the bottom of the box. It was a very small box of matches so I just had to move a few matches to get to the red. I picked up the red noticing that this was a match also. The match was as long as the short side of a piece of paper. I was amazed since the match box was only an inch long. the wood on the match was wavy and smooth. Also tinted a fiery gold. This was the right match and I lit it almost as soon is I saw it.

It's  fire was beautiful and soothing. Then I looked at my eyes.

The matches Fire burned within my now golden eyes tinted with a fiery color already. I wanted to scream but I couldn't I just stood watching the flame burn in my eyes. The match hadn't burned like a normal match. The flame didn't burn down the wood it just stayed at the top.

Then the fire stopped, both on the match and in my eyes. I all of a sudden heard a huge crash coming from the kitchen. I dropped the match and ran out of the bathroom and too the kitchen to find out what happened. As soon as I got in the kitchen I saw broken vase full of flowers on the floor and a giant black wolf staring at me.

~author's note~don't forget to comment and tell me what you think. please tell me if u liked it or hated. I don't care of u tell me u hated it please just give me your opinion. be truthful please.~