Quiet

I'm not yours, and you're not mine,
But we can sit and pass the time,
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes,
We're just feeling fine

Frank's deep, gruff laughter was your most favourite sound in the world. You laid back on the soft cotton of the picnic blanket, your stomach heaving from laughing so hard. You felt so detached from the world, just on your own little square, laughing and bullshitting and just having fun. You're surprised you even got Frank to come along with you; when he returned your text confirming he was coming, your face felt hot and you were apprehensive for your "date" with him. You had so many feelings for Frank, and the one that stood out the most was the strange crush you've developed on him. You, in fact, loved him, but he just wouldn't understand.

This is where we're supposed to be,
Sitting by a broken tree,
No tragedy, no poetry,
Just staring at the sky

You felt so comfortable, sitting here cracking jokes and just talking about anything and everything. This just feels right. You'll never get along with anyone the same way you get along with Frank. You wish you could become more intimate with him, but you just know he'll ridicule you. He's not into romance. He doesn't understand.

I could wait a thousand hours,
Stay the same in sun and showers,
Pick apart a hundred flowers,
Just to be quiet

You're not supposed to have feelings for him. He's a disgusting deadbeat. However, you just keep falling harder and harder. You don't care how long you have to wait. You don't care how much he mocks and teases you. You want to bring out his soft side. You want to give him love, something he needs and deserves.

I like it here, beside you dear,
You're even more than you appear,
And in the clouds my head is clear,
Every time you say hello

His presence was something you absolutely loved. He always lifted you up. You shared the same sense of humor, same way of thinking, and that's what made you click with him. He was so important to you. He was unloveable to everyone else, but you saw other things in him. Things that made you develop those odd feelings for him. Things that made you crave snuggling up to him at night, or waking him up (wAKE mE u P inSi dE) with a soft kiss on his lips.

So here's my heart, and here's my mouth,
And I can't help if things come out,
'Cause there are words I want to shout,
But maybe I'll stay low

The sun was descending and the sky was streaked witb purple and orange and rose pink. 
You steered the conversation towards the subject of relationships. Frank was ranting about how girls are always repulsed by him. You intercept, naming off all the qualities you love about him. He scoffs, looks away, and you swear you can see the flush shade of pink on his face.

Tell me when you feel ready,
I'm the one, there's not too many,
Hold my hand to keep me steady,
Just to be quiet,
With you

You end up spilling more and more to him. He opens up, he smiles at you, he slings an arm around you. You know how much he loves this. You know how much he loves you. You know how depraved of love he is, you know that you'll provide him with an endless amount of it. He finally understands.