Prologue

Hiccup.

I failed... again. 

I didn't just fail the competition, I failed my family, my friends and my one chance at impressing my idol, world figure skating champion, Jack Frost. I just hope he wasn't watching, either way he'll find out, my failure is written all over the internet. What a joke.

These were all Haddock's thoughts as he listened so his father's easily forgiving voice over the phone while sitting locked in a bathroom cubical, "I'm sorry Dad... I'm coming back to Norway." he apologised, knowing what that meant his father was delighted to hear that he was going to see his son again, but that also meant that Hiccup was giving up his ice skating. Tears welled in his eyes, this was a mistake, why couldn't he be like the other kids back at home and take up football or something? At least then if there was failure it would be on the whole team, not just one fragile person who struggled to carry the weight of it all. 

After Hiccup hung up he sat on the toilet seat pondering about what to do next, that's when he heard a loud bang coming from out side his door, it sounded like someone full on kicked it, which made him jump and quickly open it, "uhh sorry!" he blurted out without even looking to see who it was. His eyes shakily scanned the person in front of him, uhh... tall... black hair... looks like he wants to kill me... Hold on. That's the American psycho, Pitch Black! Oh god why did I have to run into him here! 

The taller male towered over Hiccup, glaring down at him like a piece of trash, "Listen here you! I can't believe someone as certified as you got to this competition and completely blew it! You don't deserve to be here you waste of space! What a moron!" Pitch growled, making Hiccup cower, he knew he shouldn't be scared by a hormonal 16 year old, but damn he was terrifying, not only was he 6'4 and acted like someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alleyway, but he was absolutely thrashing the competition, he was an ever evolving beast, not only that but he was younger than everyone else too. 

The sight of him made Hiccup realise what a loser he is, being beaten by a 16 year old. After calling him a moron Pitch left the bathroom, Haddock couldn't believe the only reason he came in there was to harass poor Hiccup. 

Soon he was at the airport with his coach Gordon Blueridge or Gobber as his skaters liked to call him because of his massive jaw, he should probably go to the dentist but he claimed to hate dentists so he never did. "Listen Hiccup, you can't lose heart just yet, skaters aren't competitive for very long, and i want you to make the most of it... Hiccup... Hiccup are you listening?" 

Hiccup wasn't listening, his attention was on the two people walking past him, Jack and Pitch, Jack seemed to be lecturing Pitch about something and Pitch acted like he didn't give a damn. That's right, he forgot, Pitch was on the same American skating team as Jack, what he wouldn't give to be that close to Jack Frost all the time, to be in the presence of such beauty and talent for more than just a fleeting moment. It was when Jack laid his blue eyes on Hiccup he realised he'd been staring for way too long, but Jack was nice about it, "you want a selfie?" The male asked, Hiccup looked away awkwardly and quickly left the area, dragging his suitcase behind him, along with Gobber, "Hiccup! It's Jack Frost you've always wanted to meet him, when will you learn to be more social?" His coach complained, Haddock just sighed, he'd never been social, but that wasn't anything to do with it, with his head low and white air coming from his mouth he missed his chance to say hi to Jack.

 "It's not that I don't want to meet him Gobber, it's that well... I don't want to meet him like this, I mean why would someone as great as him want anything to do with a loser like me?" 

"Because he's a nice person, unlike you, you scrawny little bastard!" Gobber suddenly had Hiccup in a head lock and was ruffling his hair, "no no! Gobber get off! Your making a scene!" Haddock thrashed around trying to get out of the head lock until Gobber finally let go, "so what? Is that what you're so afraid of? Being seen in the wrong way? You worried an ugly picture of yourself might go viral? Skating is all about drawing attention to yourself, you want the whole world to know you, who cares if no one in the audience wants you to win, you win anyway and stick your victory in their pie holes!" The coach said enthusiastically, maybe a bit too enthusiastically, because now they were surrounded by cameras and Hiccup had a terrible headache, he gritted his teeth, putting his hand on the side of his forehead, Gobber clearly noticed this and started to tell the cameras to back away, thankfully they did, understanding the situation. 

Oh man... My head hurts so bad. I've never had a headache this bad before, it feels like my skull is being hit with a massive hammer. Well at least the crowd backed off... That gives me plenty of room to...

And with that Hiccup suddenly fell to the ground passed out, now the cameras were flashing, no doubt this was gonna be all over social media. 

An entire year passed, I was supposed to head home the night I passed out but well... Somehow I ended up staying another year. But I'm home now, back in Norway, I almost forgot how cold it is here. Now I wonder... Where's Dad? Don't tell me he was too busy to come pick up his son he hasn't seen in 2 years, it wouldn't surprise me, nothing here has changed at all. 

Hiccup pulled his phone out of his pocket to call his Dad, he wanted to know why he wasn't here at the train station waiting for him. In the past year he'd ended things with his coach and was no longer skating, even though he missed it so much, he could go back to it anytime but he felt like he didn't deserve the right too. 

His father's phone went straight to voicemail, he didn't bother leaving a message, he would just walk there, no doubt he was busy working at the pub. Hiccup's Dad owned the local pub and inn it was pretty famous actually, which was cool but he rarely saw his father because of it. 

Hiccup trudged through the snow to the pub which was quite the distance and he cursed his Dad the whole walk there. As soon as he opened the door into the bar he dropped his suitcases and took his shoes off, "Dad... I'm home..." he muttered tiredly, sighing as he rubbed his eyes. "Hello, Hiccup." A somewhat familiar American accent answered back, "hey Jack... Jack!" It took him a moment to realise who was sitting at the bar in front of him, his eyes widened, what was Jack Frost doing here? In Norway?! The white haired male smirked and stood up, holding his hand out to Hiccup who was shaking and stuttering on the spot, "starting from today I am your new coach, who's your daddy now?" 

I think I'm gonna faint again!