Friends (1)

Boots and I have been friends since we were young.
Lonely, Cold, and Afraid. I found him in the trees crying looking abandoned.
Pale and trivial. "Hey" I said.
No answer
"Are you okay?"
He turned to look at me
His baby blue fur coat gleamed in the sun light. I glanced at his bright red boots that appeared to be new. His baby face looking at me with distressed eyes.
"They're gone" he said
"What?"
"g o n e"
I left to go back home.

  • | •
The next day I went back to the forest. He was still there sitting in a tree looking at the sky pondering when they would ever come back. At that age I was to young to understand death. I was happy. I got a little closer and hid behind a tree. I stared as his hopeless, dark eyes which wondered to the clouds.
He just sat there.
He looked tired as if he hadn't eaten or slept in a month. I took out an apple I had in my purple back pack and called the monkey out.
"Hey!"
he looked down to see me, a small child with a purple backpack and an orange t shirt, with an apple in my hand.
"Are you hungry?"
He nodded his head
I climbed up the tree holding the apple in my mouth. I sat on the tree limb which looked strong and secure. I laid the apple in his small fragile hands.
"What's your name?"
"uh..umm"
"..."
"i don't know" he said in a faint tone.
I looked at his rose boots and thought for a second.
"I'll just call you Boots"
He took a big bite of his apple. Juice slides down his chin in a way that makes me thirsty (foreshadowing😉)
I stare at him and wonder what happened.
He looks at me.
"thank you"
He continued eating the apple. I looked at his skinny, bonny body. i waited till he finished the apple to ask him something.
"Do you want to come back home with me?"
He looked at the ground below him. I waited patiently to respond. His eyes caught mine and looked at me with hope. Hope that he could live for another day. I could already tell what he wanted. We both steadily climbed down the tree. He looked at me for direction. With out saying a word I headed out of the forest onto the pathway with a mysterious monkey with baby blue fur and eyes as dark as coal.
• | •
After that day we became friends. I wasn't allowed to have pets our any type of animal in the house so for a while I hid him in an abandoned shed behind my house. I fed him, gave him a place to bathe, and talked to him everyday. Once he got older he learned how to do things on his own to the point where I didn't need to hide him anymore.
So I let him go.
But he still visited me everyday. We went on crazy adventures and did pretty much everything together.
He was my best friend.
When he was a bit older he made himself a fort out of wood which he called home. He looked for food, made his own fires, found a river he could wash him self in, and all things that I didn't need to provide him with anymore. Late at night he snuck into my bedroom and we talked quietly. He grew up to be a strong, handsome ape on his own. As I got older my parents didn't care where I went and what I did anymore. They're both just stoned/drunk humans anyway. I saw him all the time. We went through desserts and mountains where we'd discover the most interesting things.
He was my beautiful, stout monkey.

This chapter was bleh I'm sorry for that. also I take a long time to update.