1: The Beginning.

Hyeri's eyes shot open and her body rose from her hospital bed. Confused thoughts ran through her mind. How did she get here? Why was she here?

 How did she get here? Why was she here?

"Ah, I see you are awake." A boy dressed in a blue nurse's jumpsuit stood at the end of her bed. His brown hair fell just above his brown eyes. She backed up until she hit the wall. Gripping the sheets, she watched as his delicate hands fixed around the syringes on a metal tray. "Don't be afraid. I'm licensed." He chuckled, trying his best to lighten up the mood.

"Where am I?" Hyeri knew how stupid the question was but she couldn't believe the reality. The male nurse looked at her with a questioning expression.

Placing down the syringes, he leaned against the wall. "You seriously can't tell that you're in a hospital?"

"H-How? W-Why?" Those were the only words she could get out. Sighing, the boy shook his head.

"You fainted."

Hyeri brushed her caramel brown hair behind her right ear. She thought about what had happened before she blacked out. Then it hit her, she couldn't waste her time moping around in a clinic. She had important people to see, to please. "I can't be here. I need to go." Her foot landed on the cold tiled floor.

"No can do, Miss. You have to stay here until your doctor's report comes out."

"You don't understand, I don't have time for that. I have places to go, people to meet." She tried standing up but her weak legs failed her.

"The only place you need to be is here." He pushed her down onto the plush mattress.

"Excuse you, but do you know who I am?" Hyeri rolled her eyes at him. How dare he deny her request?

"You're a Kyo. We know exactly who you are. Your grandpa was here and how could we forget him? He worked us all to death." The boy carefully tucked the white sheets under Hyeri.

Looking around, she finally took in her surroundings. Nurses, who were holding empty metals and clipboards, peered into her room. They snarled at her and whispered into each other's ear. Some nurses pointed and shook their head, displeased with her being here.

"I feel so sorry for Baekhyun, having to take care of one of them. He doesn't deserve this." Some even said aloud. Hyeri propped herself against the pillows. "Are you Baekhyun?"

The boy looked up, surprised. "Yes, yes I am." Hyeri could only give him a cold hard stare in response. "Do you have any family members whom we can call about you being here?"

Names of lost uncles, aunts, and cousins popped up in her mind. Hyeri crossed her arms and flicked her hair off her shoulder. "I don't have any relatives left."

"Not even a sibling or a distant grandmother? How about a godmother?" Baekhyun bickered on. Hyeri shook her head. "That makes no sense. How about a step parent or anything?"