One Last Cry (One-Shot)

There's this one girl I had a crush on since I was in grade three and that was the first and last time we became classmates, because she would always be in the first section, and I would be in the last. Now that I am in college, I still can't get over her. The name of this girl is Pat Sanchez, and she was the girl of my dreams. Years went by, and I met a lot of girls. Some of them became my girlfriend, but admit it "childhood crushes" never dies.

When I was in 4th-year high school, she became my classmate again. And that was the time we got along. She became my friend, and we had a lot of friends too. Then we formed our group of friends and called it "Tropang Hutawow." The reason we called our group like that because my friend keeps on saying it as an expression. One time we had our so called "Drinking Sessions" in my house. My friend Joshua was teasing me to Pat, and he was forcing me to court her not knowing I liked Pat since grade school. Joshua was teasing me the whole time, and told him "I might be rejected." "No Palits, I think you have a chance for Pat" Joshua replied. I pondered for it for a while and told Joshua I will court Pat. Then one time, while we were in school I admitted my feelings to her. "Pat, may I court you?" I asked. She thought of it for a while and finally said "Yes." And she added "You should also prove your love for me."

I was stunned for a while because of her answer. And when I got back to my senses, I said, "Of course, I will prove my love to you" and so I did prove my love to her. I sent her home every day; we hangout after school. Even if my money is enough for me, I will treat her even if I have no money left for me. And when her birthday came I surprised her, it happened in our bus station in our school. When her birthday came; it was on December 29. I prepared a big colored paper and in there I wrote "Happy Birthday, I Love You" and there was a love letter at the back. All of my classmates, all of my friends and some of the teachers were watching. And I read a love letter in front of them and front of her. The part of the letter, I said, "I may not be the as handsome as other guys courting you, but any other guy cannot equal my love for you." I was shaking while I was reading the letter, but my nervousness went of whenever I look at her smiling at me. Then one of Pat's friends told me that two of her suitors also surprised her, but Pat said that mine was the best.

After a week, I was really shocked in what she told me. She told me "Sorry Palits, I have no feelings for you." I was stunned, and I was forcing my tears to fall because there is no reason to cry. But my heart felt crushed. So I cried in front of her, and I said "I will not stop until you start loving me too." When new year passed I knew that She had a crush on a third-year student, but the guys was just ignoring her. This guy's name was Adrian. That time felt a bit discouraged, but I call myself a "fighter for love."

Junior/Senior prom practices had come, and of course I immediately asked Pat to be my prom date. She answered me with a confident "yes" and felt encouraged. But we had a problem; the teachers disagreed. I felt upset, but I thought of reasons so that Pat will be my partner. In the last day of practice for the Junior/Senior prom, I asked the faculty again if Pat and I could be partners. The faculty was strict and said "No" then I told my reason. "Ma'am, Sir, Pat and I had already talked about the clothes that we would wear, and the color was the same." I was nervous about my reason, but that was the only reason that came into my mind. I was waiting for their response, and finally, they said "Okay." I felt jubilant and thanked them after. 

The day of prom had come. Me and my friends had arrived in the hotel. I was so worried because I forgot to buy flowers. Luckily I saw a flower shop inside the hotel, so I immediately bought a bunch of flowers. And I saw her, and she was with her crush. I felt down, but when I gave her flowers, she smiled at me. Then we went inside the ballroom. There was a lot of speech, and saw her feeling cold, so I removed my coat and put it on her. And I asked her "Do you still feel cold?" She answered her "Not anymore, thanks by the way." It's time for us to dance. We start dancing, and we were both laughing because we both don't know the steps. 

When the time to eat came we both went to the buffet at the. I was shocked that she was putting food on my plate, and I felt very happy. She told me that she would get dessert for me, so I brought her plate on our table and I felt flattered. After eating the party started. I asked her to dance with me. I extended my hand to her, and she gave her hand to me. After that, I asked some of my classmates to dance with me too. She also danced with the other people, but then I saw her dancing with her crush, and they look sweet. I got jealous, and I sat down. Then I saw Jhazmin, Pat's best friend, and I asked her to dance with me too. And I told her that I was jealous with Pat and Adrian, but Jhazmin told me "You know what Palits? I think you are the one for Pat." I smiled at Jhazmin and felt flattered. After prom, I sent her to her mom. And her mom said, "Palits, do you want we'll send you home?" Then I said, "No thank you ma'am, I will just go with my friend." Pat's mom smiled and told me to take care. That same night, Jhazmin told me that Adrian texted Pat, and Pat was flattered. I felt sad, and I don't know why. I am still courting Pat, and we are not yet in together, yet I felt sad. After prom, we had a short break. And when classes resumed, Pat told me "Palits, I can see the things you are doing for me, but even if I force to have feelings for you, I can't. Sorry Palits, I don't love you" Then she cried and left me crying too, but still I didn't give up on her. It was our foundation week of our school, and I gave her flowers. She was shocked, maybe she thought that I am a fighter for her, and I just smiled at her. 

After a week, Jhazmin waited for me outside our classroom. And after class, Jhazmin told me that Pat wants to talk to me. I had a bad feeling, and I was thinking that she will tell me that I should stop courting her. And I was right. She told me "I'm very sorry. I love you, but I want us just to be friends" Then she left me again unconsciously standing. I cried to my friends and they said "Its okay Palits, we are here for you" And they were rubbing my head. 

Graduation day came, and I can't stop thinking of her. Someone told me that Pat has a boyfriend, and it was Adrian. I started crying, and thought of forgetting her.After a few months, Jhazmin called me. And she told me that Pat and Adrian were always fighting. And this was the line that Pat said "I regret having you as my boyfriend! How I wished I chose Palits, for sure I won't always cry." I was shocked about what Pat said.

I just told Jhazmin "I don't want to talk about this anymore." Jhazmin laughed at what I said and said "Bitter!"

Until now, I can't stop thinking what if I was her boyfriend. I'll treat her better.