Prologue

Growing up wasn't easy. I was the youngest of three kids. I was the only girl and both of ny brothers played hockey. We were brutal and wrestled all the time.

When I turned eight, my parents finally let me play hockey. But the coaches on the girls team made me play with the boys, but the boys were always scared of me. I was brutal. My two brothers and I were like the unisex bash brothers trio.

I played hockey until I was sixteen. I had a major hockey related injury. We were playing against a really good team and their goalie came out of the net and hit the back of my knee with his stick. I fell awkwardly on that knee too. I found out that my knee would never fully heal, so I could never play hockey again. So I didn't. I did play by play analysis for my high school hockey team and did occasional interviews for the college team.

Then I started college at Robert Morris University. I went into journalism and communications. Within five stressful years, I finally graduated.

Then I recently saw that the Pittsburgh Penguins needed someone for news reports and interviews and I hopped on the wagon. I had a fairly successful interview. Soon enough, they had called me to tell me I got the job. Tomorrow was my first day. The first home game. Against the Washington Capitals.