Putang Ina Niyong Lahat

You probably know me from around here.

I am a budding writer, currently gaining the ire of a lot of bored, estrogen-filled pre-adolescents here in Wattpad. I have written a lot of “novels” under different names here in Wattpad, some of which you may have already read. Being careful about shattering your fragile illusions of how the world works and spoiling your dumb enjoyment of my dumb “books”, I have chosen to hide my identity. From here on out, I shall be known to you as Kevin.

Stories come to me like Koreanovelas come to the Philippines. I do not read a lot, but I do observe a lot of popular trends. I know what the market here wants, with the market being teenage high school girls and college women who have no legitimate romantic encounters as their views in relationships differ little from those of high school girls. This is generally the audience sites like Wattpad has, as this is generally also the kind of people who write in Wattpad are like: naïve, simple and utterly unaware of how love and life operates in the real world.

Yet of course there are some people – people like me – who transcend that and use it to our own advantage. I am one of those writers who actually plan to have a respectable career in writing but are afraid to be rejected by corporate snobs because they don’t have a solid base of supporters (or in their language, potential book buyers), and who don’t write material good enough to risk thousands of pesos on. I write on Wattpad to be popular enough to write real books for real people. Put simply, I write here because I want to practice being a sell-out, because as realists like me would know, only sell-outs get to change the world.

Since you are still reading this, it might either be that you are totally unaware that I just insulted your level of intellect or you just don’t care since you are that bored. But recently my girlfriend broke up with me and that got me thinking about how love stories actually work in real life. And if it isn’t much of a bother to you, I would like to tell you my actual, real-life love story since I already established that you, being a Wattpad reader, know nothing about them. Also, it helps with getting some feels out. You may have noticed I used the word feels there. That was because this is the internet. In a real book, I would have said a plethora of words teeming with raw emotion.

I’ll try to write as diligently as possible, with possibly one chapter a week and four chapters a month. Possibly. That means I can not write if I don’t feel like it or if I have better things to do. Because unlike you, I have a life. And also, I am still living the story I plan to tell you. It’s not done yet. I don’t know when it will be done. Why write it as it happens, you ask? Because this is fucking Wattpad. I can write whatever the fuck I want.

Anyway, I hope you like this.

And afterwards, I hope you like me.

Kevin