Letter 1

Dear Hope,

You always told me I was good at writing things down. That I was good at bearing my soul to a piece of paper. You said that I should write more. I'm going to take your advice. If I can't talk to you in person, maybe I can talk to you through ink and paper.

It's been a week. I don't think I can do this. It's only been a week. Seven days. One hundred and seventy eight hours. Ten thousand and eighty minutes. Six hundred four thousand, eight hundred seconds. That many seconds, minutes, hours too long. 

I've cried more than I ever thought possible. I can't eat. I can't sleep. All I can do is cry. Everything I think about is you. You were the greatest thing in my life. It may sound cheesy, but I would do anything to get my better half back.

 Having a twin was the best possible thing in the world. 

You know why?

 It was because I knew you would always be there for me. There wasn't anything I could say or do to you to make you leave me. 

Until you did.

 I didn't ask for you to leave, Hope. I didn't. I don't know why you did but you did and now I'm here, writing letters to you. Writing letters to the greatest person I knew. The same person that will never, ever write a letter back. 

The one person I always relied on to always be there to say something.

I miss you more than words can convey.

•••

(A/N) Yes, I know, it's a bit confusing. But good things come to those who wait.