Chapter 1/10 | They were only just starting.

In the Science Lab in Kusmia

Located in Kusmia, there's a hidden science lab that was highly advanced with maximum security. Multiple cutting-edge inventions were created despite the lab was still undiscovered up to this point. Scientists could only live in the vicinity nearby the science lab to prevent any exposure to the public.

Sector 5, which was located inside the science lab, was rowdy and voices could be heard murmuring. The only way of communicating was to shout across the room just to hear one another. 

Tommie decides to advance to another level to produce a cure if the possibility of having a zombie invasion or outbreak is high. While Tommie was cautious in making such a cure, another scientist named Lua was also producing another cure even though he was one of the worst chemist in the lab. Despite having all the negativity, he still thrives to create what he desires with passion.

As the clock ticks, a few hours had already passed

The potions that both of the scientists had made was finally produced. Exhaustion and the proudness in their hearts could be visible from their expressions. Lua went ahead to safe keep their potions at their own lockers. Just like how heavy the security is outside the lab, the lockers also had high defence to protect each of the scientist's lockers. Thus, they began to deactivate their locker's defence and place their potions into the locker. 

Tommie's locker wasn't close to the current sector he is, therefore, he had to carry his potion as cautious as possible to his locker. The potion was not checked yet whether if it was successful or a failure. Tommie wanted to ask a higher prestige to confirm his production. Moments later, just because of his carelessness, Tommie fell as he walked up the stairs leading to his locker. The potion that he was carrying shattered to pieces and the liquid splattered all over the floor and to Tommie. The scientist that was adjacent to him swiftly went away from Tommie.

Chemistry isn't something to be messing around with. Anything that had been made could cause a threat and possible end one's or maybe every living thing in the world. Every scientist was shocked by the incident. Observing the situation, a scientist then ran to report to one of the higher prestige. This wasn't a joke.

In Lua's perspective, he managed to bring over his potion to his locker with care as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. As soon as he placed his potion in the locker, the sounds of the siren was heard strikingly loud. The lights turned red as it repeatedly shines from one to the other end. Everyone panicked causing mayhem to happen. Some were evacuated, some were hiding, some were composed. No one knew what really had happened.

As seconds flew by

Tommie was looking odd. His skin tone changed, his actions seemed more vigorous as he progressively tries to stand up. With the crowd that was gathered near Tommie, they stood back further from Tommie. A higher prestige then went forward to help Tommie out.

As soon as the person came closer, Tommie swiftly got up and ran towards the person. The speed that Tommie had just shown was uncomparable. It was lighting quick. Everyone near the crowd starts to spread as they were felt the fright in them. A few stayed to inspect what could be happening. Just after Tommie reaches to the person, he bit the person roughly as if he wanted to feed off from him like he had finally found food. He was so ravenous.

Then, the person also had transformed into one of Tommie's kind. They repeatedly did what Tommie had done. Somehow this spread rapidly. In just a few minutes, many were transformed in Sector 5. 

Only one of the doors in Sector 5 could respond to the activation of the button. The door slowly closes downwards. Everyone was asked to reach that destination and evacuate from there. Just after a minute, the doors had a brief gap. A scientist managed to slide through the gap as a zombie tried to do the same but was slightly late. He was crushed by the wall and blood splattered all over the area. Some had successfully escaped from this outbreak, sadly many failed to do so.

Lua was one of the few people who had escaped from such a huge incident. Multiple high prestigious pupils took this seriously and attempt to prevent more from transforming. The people who had escaped felt safe and secure. Shockingly, a zombie chased one of the pupils who was running and followed him, making him also reaching to the other side of the door. The zombie relentlessly starts to bite everyone one by one to spread the virus. The people who had escaped had no rest, they still had to run.

Lua saw it happening and immediately rushed to Sector 4. The lower the Sector, the heavy the security there is. Lua was breathing heavily as he ran as fast as he could. His legs start to tremble, many followed up him. Lua turned behind and saw it coming closer. Lua couldn't believe what is happening. He kept on running and not wanting to turn back once again until he reaches Sector 6. Screams and scary sounds could only be heard. The scientist screamed, the people who had been transformed were letting out scary voices. Lua begged just to survive through this.

Communication between the high prestigious pupils

"Sir, do you have any clue what's happening...? What is causing the scientist to turn into someone else...? How could this possibly happen? No such discovery was found up until now," Lieutenant General Milwaukee said to General Opera as he looked at the security camera feeling clueless.

"I think... this is what it is. This is what you call a zombie outbreak or many would say the rising of the zombie apocalypse. Where one spreads the virus to other people to infect and increase the number of zombies so that living things could corrupt. This right here, may or will cause the extinction of living things," General Opera responded back to Lieutenant General Milwaukee in a wise voice.

End of Conversation