1 - How.

5 years ago.

It was never a great highschool year for me. I have to deal with all of those bullies who mocked all of my imperfections. Probably everyone's imperfections. What's worst is that they could even jump over to the canteen table and start to shout mean things.

Joe, Daniel, Garreth, Chantel and Becky. 3 guys and 2 girls who thought they could've ruled the whole school. To be honest, I could've also picked out their imperfections. Becky had a very thin lips. More like a paper cut on her face. Chantel had a pair of large ears. Garreth had pimple scars on his face. Daniel had a pair of uneven eyebrows. While Joe had some pimple on his face. And yet they picked out everyone's imperfection. They call themselves The Rulers.

"What is this?" A girl ran over me and started to pull on my dress. It was a knee-length beige dress and I'm pretty sure it was a beautiful everyday dress. "Where do you found such an ugly dress? Or maybe the great dresses couldn't fit you?" she started laughing as she walked beside me. I was quite fat back then but not over weighted. And that's what those 5 mean people would pick out from me. Not to forget the pimple scars on my face.

"Go away," a typical answer that would be said to any of The Rulers. Chantel shot me a glance, "go away? Or maybe you're just so sad being pulled by a perfect girl?" she laughed and kept on pulling my dress. I was nearly crying and kept my head low so that my long brunette hair would cover my face. Everyone on the hallway was watching and no one could help me. 

All of a sudden Chantel was no longer there following me. I turned my head and found a boy pulling her away and scared her off. He then ran to me,

"you okay?"

"yea, I'm fine." I gave him a slight smile.

"Sam, a nick for Samuel Hunter,” he held out his hand at me, "Ruby, a nick for Ruby Underwood," I replied him. I glanced at him for a while just making sure I know who I'm introducing myself with. He's surely way more perfect than any of those Rulers. "I got to go to class, see you around?" 

"yea sure," I smiled and he ran off to his class. I walked as fast as possible to my History Class.

It was a basic school day, nothing was happening other than what Chantel did earlier today. I threw my bag at my bed and started to change my clothes. I took my phone and messaged my best friend, Valerie,

"Let me tell you something,..." I typed in everything that happened today. I didn't have time to tell her everything at school today, in fact I didn't even have time to meet her at school today.  It doesn't even take a minute for her to reply to my message with "OMG" and "but are you okay?" I laughed a bit at her reaction. She called me afterwards and chatted until late.

For no reason The Rulers kept on running towards me and mocking me for my imperfections. It's no longer a small pulling on my dress or shirt, it turns into a 'circling around Ruby' session and pushing me and poking at my body and face. I can't hold my tears any longer and let it all out while those 5 mean kids laughed at me for being weak. And the fact that not everyone is brave enough to help me out makes me feel weaker.

"Go ahead ugly, cry as much as you want," I'm sure it was Becky who said those words and make the other 4 horrible students laugh at me. I kept on walking and they kept on following me. I scanned around through the hallway and my eyes locked at a door with "Principal" written on it. I walked over slowly to the door, they have no idea where I'm walking to. I opened the door slowly and Mr. Brown who was writing down stopped and shot a look towards the door, where I am standing with those 5 horrible kids. The Rulers probably thought I'm going into a class.

The principal stood up and walked over, "excuse me," letting a small cough escape his lips. The Rulers who were once circling around me then turned around towards the principal office and turned bright red, "I heard everything," they all stood there like mannequins, "And Ms. Underwood, good job," Mr. Brown smiled and let me out of the principal office. He gave me a simple smile before closing the door, locking it. I smiled and turned around to find students stood there with a happy expression and cheered.