The Coffee Shop

On the first day in the new town Lizzy got her apartment ready. The second day she went to her new job place to get things in order. The third day she went out to explore the city and see what was around. On her way back to her apartment she saw a small coffee shop. The coffee shop was quite small and there seemed to be no one inside but a small sign that read 'Open' was still glowing bright while the sun was slowly setting. Lizzy had a slight off feeling and still had to write some letters to her grandparents so she didn't go to the shop. Maybe another day, she thought to herself.
       Sitting down on her chair she got to writing a letter to her grandparents. She told them she was okay and that the town seemed quite nice and peaceful. She wished them luck in London and to write whenever they could, she would always answer right away. Putting the letter into an envelope she closed it and left it on her desk for tomorrow morning. Getting up to change and get ready for bed her thoughts went to the small coffee shop. Something seemed off about it, something was calling to her. I will go tomorrow after work, she thought to herself.
       The next day she got up bright and early to go work. Work was casual, just a bunch of typing and printing. She wrote to people and answered calls from people. After work she felt a bit tired and hungry. Deciding to go to the coffee shop she changed her clothing first. Heading to the shop was just ten minutes away, walking. The sun seemed to be setting a bit faster then yesterday, so she picked up her pace so that the dark wouldn't catch up to her.
        The shop, once inside, seemed antique. The small tables looked as if they were a century old. The paintings on the wall looked old and faded. The floor itself creaked each times she took a step. A man was at the counter, staring at her with light eyes that glowed even when there was only a bit of light inside. Their eyes locked and he seemed to smirk at her. Shivers went down her spine at this.
"How can I help you miss?", the man did not look a day over thirty. He kept staring at her and leaned on the counter to show that he was still waiting for her answer. Lizzy looked to the menu, it looked as if the shop had all drinks you could imagine, even liquor.
   "I guess I'll have a medium sized black coffee with a slice of lemon cake.", she glanced up and noticed the man was still staring at her. The man, now nodding, grabbed a small notebook from the side and write down her order.
"That will be three dollars ma'am.", he stated. She grabbed her wallet and handed the cash to him. He grabbed it a bit too fast and put it inside the cashier then headed to make the coffee. Deciding to sit down she went to the nearest table an took a seat. A glance around and she saw something that she hadn't noticed before, a door at the back. Maybe leading to the employees room, but taking a look at where the man was she saw another door next to him. Is this small shop bigger then it looked?
    Lizzy got lost into thought that she didn't noticed when the man came to her to give her the coffee and cake. He sat in front of her and that's when she snapped out of it. Locking eyes with him again she felt another shiver go up her spine. Awkwardly smiling at him she thought of taking her order to go but she still wanted ask some questions. "What's your name?", the man suddenly blurted out. He leaned a bit closer, and seemed to take a glance at the cup of coffee in front of her. "Lizzy, I'm new in town."
      "No wonder, you seem like a newbie, most people in town don't come around here."