Ten

Ten

Amethyst

I held my wine glass in my right hand, and my cell phone in the other as Fiona and I continued our minature photoshoot in the packed five star resturant. I laughed along with Fiona as we made countless stories that were going to be repeated over and over again. 

"This was an amazing day." Fiona stated as she stood up from her chair. I followed suit and nodded. "Like we should do this everyday!" I insisted. She nodded. "You still down for chilling at my crib right? I heard about the whole Grendy and you situation." Fiona stated.

"Oh true? How'd you find out?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Grendy's been going off about it on twitter. Talking about how 'she thinks she made me. I'm her manager for a reason'." Fiona informed me. I rolled my eyes. "So what is that all about?" She asked.

I shrugged. "She was tripping over Rakim and I, I said some hurtful things and she walked out on me. But she has the audacity to bring this crazy stalker guy into my hotel room, The hotel room that paid for." I retorted. Fiona rolled her eyes. "Don't let it get to you though. You and Grendy were made for each other. I'm pretty sure it was just a little blow out, you guys will be bestfriends in no time." Fiona assured me. I couldn't help but be skeptical.

. . . 

I woke up the next morning with the sound of my alarming blaring from my phone. Squinting my eyes, I glanced at it. I had another performance at a club today at 11pm. Fiona, Kanye, Weezy, Bridget Kelly and I were shutting it down at Compound Night Club. Apparently, our performances were the main topic of the night the last time we performed, so now, all clubs wanted a piece of this Australian flavor.

But to be honest, I wasn't feeling the vibe.

I just wanted to call up Rakim and cuddle the night away. But I was about my paper, and no dude was going to take that away from. Not even the dude who I spent most of my Harlem days fanasizing about. At the end of the day, he wasn't paying my bills.

I forced myself to get out of bed and head to the bathroom.

Fiona shared a house with her partner Miguel. All last night, they had spent their time in the room watching movies together, while I was alone in my room, working on some beats for my latest jam. I didn't mind it, but it did make me wonder if Rakim and I would ever make it that far. Especially since I know he's still keeping secrets.  I also know he's grateful I didn't ask him who Jhene was.

I wasn't no drug lord, but I'm pretty sure Jhene was the name of a person, and not some type of weed. I had tried to think of ways of bringing it up without causing a conflict, but I never did, so I just kept it to myself. Maybe there was a reason why Rakim didn't tell me who Jhene was.

But at the same time, I felt as if I had the right to know. Being his girlfriend was suppose to come with plenty of perks, and one of them should be that he trusted me with information. I just hope Jhene wasn't some chick he was messing with on the side. Or worst, I was the chick he was messing with on the side.

I wasn't the sidechick kind of person, and i definitely did not do sharing. Since Rakim was mine, I expected him to be just mine. 

I sighed. I was probaby over exaggerating.