9th Grade

Nine.

A number that comes before ten.

Nine.

The number that starts at the beginning of high school.

Nine.

A number that makes you a freshmen.

Nine.

The number that means you have to take algebra and gym your first year.

Nine.

A number that most kids hate because it means they still have four years of school left.

Nine.

The number I almost didn't pass because I am a not so smart student.

Nine.

Algebra is a class that people like me tend to hate.

Nine.

Math class is hard to pass and if you have a D it is even harder.

Nine.

Trying to take an exam in algebra and realizing that if I don't ace this, then I will have to retake the class.

Nine.

Getting the report card and knowing that I barely got a passing grade.

Nine.

Finding out I have to take gym both my first and last trimesters.

Nine.

Knowing that if I don't bring a change of cloths to gym, then I can't participate.

Nine.

Being good the for the first trimester without have to miss any gym time except for one time because I forgot to take I clothes out of the dryer.

Nine.

Starting to slack off in my last trimester because I just don't want to do gym.

Nine.

Lying to the teacher for the first time, telling her I forgot my cloths and she tells me that I should remember next time.

Nine.

I say I won't do it again, but I do and the teacher gives me a disappointed look.

Nine.

Before I know it, I have missed so many days, I can't even keep track of them.

Nine.

Not wanting to look at the report card to see if I have to retake the horrible classes again.

Ten.

Finally getting my new schedule and having my mom read it to me as I anticipate the words she is going to say.

Ten.

Letting out the biggest sigh ever and sinking into my seat, the heavy weight of worry lifted off my chest, realizing I don't have to retake gym or any classes for that matter.