Chapter 4

After some scary campfire stories, I was officially bored.

There was sort of an awkward silence, so I stood up on the log me, Nick, and Kenzie were sitting on, and announced,

"Hey, who wants to hear a campfire song?"

Everyone cheered and Mister James got out a guitar, and sat on the log next to me.

He whispered a song into my ear, and I nodded and started singing the song I knew by heart.

I wanna be a millionaire

so freaking bad

buy all the things I never had

I wanna be on the cover of

Forbes magazine

Standing next to Oprah and the queen

I sang through the whole song as Mister James strummed away.

After I finished the song, everyone cheered and clapped, then someone yelled out one more request.

"BROOKE! SING ONE OF YOUR SONGS!"

Everyone started agreeing with the person, and I blushed and did an acapella of 'I Hurt'.

When I finished, everyone clapped, then Miss Abby announced that it was 'Free Hour' so we could roam around.

Mackenzie, Paige, Maddie and Chloe sprang up like everyone else, and ran off somewhere.

Nick and I slowly stood up, and started walking in another direction from everybody else.

We were walking and talking for awhile, and then it started getting cold.

I shivered, mentally slapping myself for leaving it on my bed.

Nick must have noticed me shivering, so he whipped off his sweatshirt, revealing his long sleeves (smart Nick) and handed it to me with a smile.

I shook my head in protest.

"No, Nick, I insist."

"Brooke, here. Please, just take it."

I slowly took the jacket from his grasp, sending him a small smile, and put it over my head, snuggling into the jacket.

It smelled like Nick, like Vanilla and Strawberries sort of.

That sounded creepy, but it's true!

We walked for awhile, then I noticed Nick had somehow, somewhere, slipped his hand into mine, and we had been swinging it back and forth.

I blushed, but continued chatting, and soon enough, Ariana and Brandon started making their way over.

I groaned, and Nick sent me one of those be nice looks my mom sent me, so I sighed.

"Oh hey guys! What's up?" Adriana slurred, inching closer to us, as well as Brandon.

"Nothing..Goodbye! Come on Nick!" I said tugging on his arm, and we started walking.

Ariana rushed up to me and patted my shoulder.

"WHAT?!" I snapped as Nick squeezed my hand, wanting me to calm.

"Want to go for a swim?" she said grinning evily, as Brandon did the same behind her.

"What do y-" I started but got cut off, as Ariana pushed me into the lake, laughing, running away with Brandon, tugging Nick with her.

I cried, in the lake, until I saw a figure moving towards me with a tanned hand, long red nails.

"Oh, Brooke- what happened?"