Chapter 2: We Meet For Friendship

Aki P.O.V

A few days after the incident it was like nothing ever happy, I just got ready and went to school, nothing change.....but as I was heading home, I guess there was a surprise waiting for me. As I walked to the area where I last saw the little girl, I saw someone ups head sitting on a bench, at that moment I knew who it was.....it was the same girl I helped from the day before. She suddenly looked at my direction and waved to me, I wave back but was wondering way she was there, could it be she was waiting for me? Once I walked up to her she quickly jumped out of the bench and gave me a big hug causing me to blush. "?! W-What are you doing?," I asked her, "Hugging you, I just wanted to thank you what you did for me awhile ago," she said with a smile on her face, I couldn't help but blush down at her, "hey! Your face is red!," she yelled out, I jumped and felt my face getting really warm, this was embarrassing especially when I'm doing this in front of a girl. But now that I think about it I did forgot to asked for her name the other time, my face cooled down as I manage to get back to being myself again, "Look you really shouldn't being hugging strangers like that, but what's your name?," I asked her. " I'm Ushio, Ushio Okazaki, and you?," she asked in her cute voice, "...Just.....call me Aki....it's nice to see you again and your welcome about last time, I was glad you were alright", I said with a slight smile, I notice her just staring at me as she slowly turned pink, was she embarrassed? "S-Sorry but....your smile makes me feel fuzzy," she said to me, I raise my eyebrow in question but I didn't bother to asked, I didn't quite get emotions at that time so I didn't care about it. "So where were you going?," she asked with excitement, I notices her pinkness was gone she really was a real buddle of joy, " Um I was just heading to a bakery for some sweets then head home...why?," I asked her, "Are you heading to Furukawa Bakery???," she asked with curiosity. My eyes then widen with surprise, "Y-Yeah...wait how did you know?," I asked once more, "My grandparents work there! Come on!," she yelled as she grabbed onto my head and ran, I tried to run as her pace but it was like she was running faster and faster at every moment, what type of girl was she???

After a long running hour we finally made it to the bakery and stopped in front of it, "Here it is!," she said with a gleaming shy smile, I remember going here when my parents were alive, it was much more fun then but for some reason...I felt like this might have been the happiest day ever for some reason, we both walked in as saw a young woman at the cash register but when I got a bit closer it was her mom! Or so I thought at that moment, "Hi Sanae!," Ushio called out to her, she then looked up and smiled warmly. "Well hello there Ushio, is this a friend of yours?," She asked her, "Yeah! This is the boy who helped me get home a few days ago!," Ushio said, the woman's face looked surprise as she examines me. I felt a bit nervous at that moment but the next thing I knew she smiles and hugged me tight, "Thank you for saving my Ushio!," she said, I was losing air fast as I pat on her arms hard to let me go and luckily she responded, she dropped me as I landed on my feat again gathering my breath, "Grandma you didn't have to hug him that hard," Ushio said, my eyes widen with surprise once again as I face up to the woman once again, "S-She's your grandmother?!," I asked her, honestly she looked like the other woman which I was sure was her mother from a few days ago, I couldn't believe that this woman in from of me was her mother. My mind began to spin trying to figure things out, "Mom is everything ok?," I shy voice back from the back, a younger woman came out and smiled when she first looked at me, "I remember you, your a friend of Ushio am I correct?," she asked, without hesitating I calmly nodded, "Yes I guess....," and once again the hugging continued by Ushio's mother, I felt like I was going to die from hugging but it stopped as two men enter the room, the funny thing was they look like brothers but different hair colors, one black bluish and the other orange. They both laid there eyes upon me, "whose this?", the orange hair one asked, "The boy who helped Ushio a few days ago, I didn't know Ushio was going to bring him here though," Ushio's mother said, "Oh that's right, what's your name kiddo?", the blue hair one asked, I remember him days ago so he must had been Ushio's Father, "...I'm Aki...Just Aki....," I said to them, "Aki...that's Ushio's grandfathers nick name but with two I's", Ushio's grandmother said, "Well Aki I'm Nagisa Okazaki, over there is Tomoya my husband, next to him is my father Akio Furukawa and my mother Sanae Furukawa," Nagisa said, so I guess this was Ushio's whole family, when I thought about it I realized how lucky she was...to still have a family like this....the next thing I knew I was looking at the ground as the tears fall from my face, everyone looked surprise and concern about me, Ushio's mother kneeled down to me and places her hands on my shoulders. "Are you alright Aki?...," she asked me, I had this heavy feeling in my stomach I hated this feeling, I suddenly stepped away from her and burst out the doorway braking for a run, "AKI!!!", Ushio yelled out to me following me, once she did everyone followed me as well, I turned to a corner quickly and hid in the garbage ben hoping they would passed by. I waited for minutes waiting for it to me clear and soon as I peeked out and saw that the coast was clear, I got out and walked out of the ally and saw her along with her family going back inside the bakery, as I turned I could hear Ushio's crying, making my heart sank deep as I walk home with guilt.

It was weekend at the time and I was in the meadow where I first met Ushio....I couldn't face her again, I felt guilty for leaving her and her family like that. The More I kept thinking about it the more I guilty, so without anything else to do in the middle of nowhere I close my eyes and let go of myself, I listened to the cool breeze, the sound of the grass, and the bug flying around. Once you put there noise in an order u made a perfect melody, I smile a little in my music world, music always calmed me down in problems like this, it soothing...I then started to hear another sound, it sounded like a little girl crying, but she was also calling out my name......I quickly open my eyes back I reality and turn to the yelling girl, "AKI!!!!!!," she cried out to me, I couldn't believe she was able to find me again,...Ushio.... once she was close enough she tackled me to the ground causing to me fall back an land on the ground while she laying on me punching my chest, "Why did you leave me?! I was so worried about you! Mommy and daddy wouldn't even let me find you last night! I was completely sad, you worried men!!!!," she screamed at me as she buries her face within my chest, my eyes widen as I looked down at her, the guiltiness flow back into me once again. I let out a deep sigh and slowly sat up pulling her up along with me, "Ushio I'm sorry about the other day I really am....but I have a lot going on for me....I didn't mean to make you worried...," I said to her calmy, I gently wipe of her tears as he looked up at me with her big brown eyes, "R-Really?....," she asked as she sniffles, "yeah....," without knowing I gave her a smile that quickly light things up and lit up her spirit once again, she got off me and sat next to me in the meadow along with hugging me, I didn't mind, for some reason I got used to it, as if it was normal to me. Now that I think about it I never really have friends like her around, so maybe...just maybe...., "...Ushio?....Would it make you feel better if we become best friends?...," I asked her, her eyes quickly widen and looked up at me with curiosity, "Best friends?....Really?," she asked, I nodded and smiled one new time at her, I could feel her hug getting tight and she rest her head on my chest again. I puts my hand on her shoulder as I rested my head on top of hers, this felt nice....like I can almost me at peace again, I started to smiles again since I couldn't hold it, I never had this feeling before....I wish I could have discover it sooner or better yet met Ushio sooner.....but there was one thing I knew about this....that this friendship was only just the beginning.