That Night

You lied upon your bed listening to your spotify playlist on a Saturday night. Music always seemed to soothe you. You scrolled through your Instagram feed on your Macbook Pro. It was a relaxing night and you just wanted to lay back and relax. You heard a buzz come from your phone. It was a text from your good friend, Jennifer. Jennifer was a bleached blonde. She had fair skin and soft green eyes. Her body type was petite as she stood at 5'3 for a 17 year old girl. The text read, "Hey y/n, I'm throwing a huge party tonight at my place. You should totally come! It will be fun I promise." You and Jennifer were friends ever since 1st grade. You sighed as you read the text. She knew how much you hated parties, but continued to ask. You didn't want to upset your friend and seem like a "loner." But- the truth was you just didn't like going out anywhere. You didn't enjoy going out and socializing with others. You never have, but you still don't understand why. You finally get the courage to text back. You typed, "Hey Jenn, I'll try and make it. I'm not feeling to well. Chao!" You threw your phone back onto the bed and continued checking social media. You thought of something you could possibly wear to the party and look semi-decent. You stood up and headed for your closet. You didn't have many great things to choose from. You never would go anywhere, so you never had anything "fancy" to wear. You settled for a black skin tight dress that went about to your knees. Along with the dress, you wore your over the knee black heeled boots. After getting dressed you straightened your long dark brown hair. Your makeup was good from earlier so you just touched it up. You looked into the mirror and gave a fake smile. You stood up and headed towards your bedroom door. You ran downstairs and grabbed your keys and purse. You went out into your black jeep and drove to the party.