Names

When they where in the Enforcers, Jacob "Jake" Clawson and Christopher "Chance" Furlong spent hours up in their jet on patrol, test runs, training. It didn't necessarily matter what they where doing, but they'd spend hours doing.

Spending hours up in the skies tended to be boring on occasion, but only when there wasn't anything going on. Once, as a joke (or supposed to be) one of their cadets locked them in their jet for two hours (Jake and Chance could take a joke, so they pranked him and his Weapon System Operator back and moved on with life). This caused a conversation between old friends on the topic of nicknames.

Chance was a strong tom-cat, all brute force and muscles. He could out fly anyone, even the best pilot in the skies. He was the best flyer in the Enforcers Academy and as Co-Captain of their squadron. It seemed only fitting that he was given the name T-Bone (even if Jake was the only one who used it much less knew about it).

Jake was a certified genius, every bit of accuracy and precision. He could hit a needle on it's tip from 100 ft away. He could deliver insanely accurate blows and shoot any weapon (gun, blaster, missile) with expert precision. He was top Weapon System Operator (or WSO/RIO) in the Academy and as Co-Captain of their squadron. It was just as fitting for him to be called Razor (even if Chance was the only one who knew).

So when they where kicked out of the Enforcers (wrongly discharged), they got right back in the game. Their old jet was hauled to the junk yard (still intact, fueled up, and loaded (such a waste), just outdated), Chance found some spare outfits, Jake designed their missiles, amongst plans and blueprints for future vehicles (they couldn't rely on the TurboKat for everything), and they made their first debut as the SWAT Kats T-Bone and Razor.

The names best described them anyways.