Chapter 2: Louise I Know When Something Is Wrong

"Hello, I'm Jessie J." The familiar Essex-sounding voice said from the TV. I groaned and sat up from my lying down position on the sofa. I missed her, everything about her. Her face; her perfect black bob that would reach down to her shoulders, her beautiful, emerald pearls that I could stare into for eternity, her cheekbones that are just perfect, her whole face actually, every single detail, especially her lips...

Her whole figure was just amazing, and her voice, singing or speaking, would make my heart melt. That's probably why my body was awakened by the sound of it. I look towards the silver screen. Her. Performing. I could see the look on her face. It wasn't normal, like she was trying to hide something. I knew exactly what she was trying to hide. Hurt, I guess. Seeing her like this made me want to cry, but I knew if I cried that would mean I want her back, and I didn't, did I? But I did this to her. Me. I broke her heart. I didn't want to think of it like that though. I leaned over to get my phone on the arm rest on the sofa and checked the time. 10:05, with 10 missed calls and 5 messages. Oh great...

'Babe, I'm really sorry I had a stressed day at work yesterday and I wanted to explain it to you but I didn't want to ruin our night'

'Please take me back I am so sorry I know the cooking wasn't your fault, maybe I could teach you how to cook ;)' I smiled at this message, how cute she could be in her messages. The rest of the messages were pretty much the same sort of thing. I placed the phone back in it's original place and put my head in my hands. Is this what it feels like to be heartbroken? If so then you can call me as heartbroken as ever. I was hurting, over her. I should be the one happy over the breakup, after all I was the one who ended it. But I couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt. I knew I wanted her back. I love her. The tears started flowing now, and then Louise walked in, the only person who was left in my world at this stage. "Oh Alex, come here." She put the cup of tea down and sat next to me. She hugged me tight and calmed me down enough to explain to her. "I still love her Louise." I tried to explain through my short breaths.

"Then why don't you go and get her back? I mean, I'm sure she still loves you..." Louise stopped, realizing the situation.

"She probably doesn't, not after what I have done to her." I released my grip from Louise and hugged my legs. There was a long silence; I couldn't tell if it was awkward or not, I was just thinking. Thinking about how stupid I could have been to let her go. And now she is, God knows where in the world now. "I can't get her back, she's probably on the other side of the world by now." I broke the silence with my words that were choked out; I didn't feel in the mood to talk.

"What makes you think that?" Louise asked curiously, she clearly didn't know who Jessie was... I then rewinded the television back to Jessie performing. Louise's shocked expression said it all. "She's a singer? Gosh Alex, you've got one here haven't ya?" She nudged me a bit. This comment did make me smile a bit, I have to admit. I'm surprised after almost half a year she doesn't know that. Then again I never told Louise much about Jessie. Louise was never around. I don't think she's even met Jessie. Half a year. 6 months. It was going to be six months on Monday. I cried again uncontrollably on Louise's shoulder. Why was I so stupid? Doing something that I didn't even think about. Maybe if we had talked it through and Jessie calmed down, I would be in Jessie's arms instead of Louise's. "Look as much as I would like to sit here and comfort you I have to do something and it's quite urgent."

"What is it?" I asked her curiously. In all these years (well, a year and a half) she has never been like this. She stood up and tried to search for her phone.

"It's nothing babe trust me." I still wasn't convinced. The way she was looking for her phone worried me. It was like there was a sense of panic about her. Like this thing she needed to do was the most important thing ever. "I don't believe you." I stated quite simply and stood up to stop her in her tracks. I grabbed her shoulders and faced her in my direction. It was then I saw the bags under her eyes. It looks like she hasn't slept for weeks. This wasn't the Louise I knew, and if there was something wrong I needed to know. she was the only thing I had left now. "Seriously, don't worry." She sported a fake smile towards me. I knew it was fake; anyone could see it was. She managed to somehow get out of my grip and was now on the hunt to find her phone again. "Louise I know when something is wrong-"