Tour of the place

"Come on! We have much to do! Come on!" My boss yelled, and it echoed through the hallways.
   It was my first day in the office, and to be honest, I was very nervous. I sat in my room, typing away at my computer, until I heard footsteps heading toward my office. The approach startled me, but it was only one of the other workers in the office.
   "You're Jenny, right?" I nodded, and raised my eyebrows. I waited, wondering if he would say anything else.
   "Mr.West, you know, the boss, asked me to show you around. Well, he didn't ask, it was more like a command." He chuckled, then stared at me blankly. "You don't really talk much, do you?"
   "Um... I do, I just don't know you that well, so..." I sat there like an idiot, trying to come up with an excuse for why I don't talk often.
He laughed, "I've heard enough. My name's Eric, by the way. Come on, we have to take a little tour around this dump."
   I followed him out the door. I looked like some stalker following a guy I liked. Or maybe more like a predator hunting prey? He stopped suddenly, and I ran into his back.
   He coughs, and I mess with my hair, pretending nothing happened. "This is the cafeteria, but barely anyone gets the food from here. They do eat here though, since they don't want to be late to go back to work. The lunch break here isn't too long."
   Eric brushes his hair back with his hand. I stare at him and grin, very stupidly. Why is it this awkward? Am I usually this awkward?
   "Thanks Eric, but I think I can look around by myself later. I'm going to work on an assignment the boss gave me." I turn around and walk away, without looking behind me.