Heartbreak

Snape walked through the empty corridors of Hogwarts. Night time was really the peace he had in this place. As he looked through the different sleeping pictures of the hallway he found his favorite one. There hung a sleeping Lily Potter standing with the rest of the old Gryffindor class.

He then remembered one of the last time he talked to her at school, actually the reason she left him. She was telling him that she was going to hang out with James Potter. He was in the courtyard at Hogwarts.

Severus Snape, "I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just —"

Lily, "Slipped out? It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends... You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine."

And with that, she never talked to him since her marriage to James. About a year after she meant up with her again. Well, it was without her permission of course. He stopped by her house on Godric's Hollow and knocked on the door. First, it was a bright beautiful smile then it went to a frown so fast. 

"Snape, what Merlin's beard do you want?" Lily asked in a hastily way.

"I come to warn you," Snape said pushing open the door, "He who must not be named if targeting the witches and wizards against him."

"Severus, why are you actually here?" she asked annoyed. 

He huffed and lead Lily hand to close the door behind him. He stared back in her eyes and replied, "Lily I love you and it doesn't matter who you marry. Or where you go to get away I will always find you. But right now you need to get James and go."

Lily laughed and took a step back. "So you come as a lover to tell me this not as a friend?" she smirked, "If you loved me you wouldn't tell your death eaters where to find us." 

He swallowed hard and looked at Lily beautiful sad eyes. "that day in the courtyard I didn't mean what I said. I hate James and I let that anger out on you and I'm sorry". 

"you should leave Severus," she said making him back towards the door. He stops her with his hands and said: "wait, Lily". "No leave please" she yelled. 

"I just have to know did you ever love me back?" Severus looked at her face that looked sickened. 

There was a long pause be for she could sallow to answer. "There might be a time I did once think I could have loved you--" right, when she said, loved you Snape kissed her making her back all the way to the wall. To his surprise, she kissed him back. Slowly they made their way to the bedroom. 

"TURN THAT DAMN LIGHT OFF!!" yelled an angry man's voice. Snape looked up from his flashback to see an angry looking scrooge of a man looking at him. "turn it off!" he yelled again. Snape huffed at the man and turned off his light and continued is hallway walk.