Runaway

I have to get out of here. I can't take this anymore. All the lies. All the controlling. I'm done with it all. I've threatened for too long to run away. Making sure he was asleep, I grabbed nothing but my mom's golden locket and left. I didn't know where I was going to go, but I had to get away from there.

That was three years ago. Since then, I have basically been living life off the streets. I get a small pay as a stripper at a club, but I don't have enough money to buy a house. I sleep in an alley next to the club. I've heard people talk about this new band called Bon Jovi. They released a hit song called "Runaway" last year that I hear blasting from the club every night. It's a good song. Ooh. She's a little runaway. Daddy's girl learned fast all the things he couldn't say. Story of my life. Anyway. I returned to the alley after work. I had made $100, but I only received $20 of it. This is why I can't afford a house. My boss takes 80% of what I make since she gives me a place to eat and shower. She won't let me stay at her house though. I'm just glad she allows me to eat and shower at her place.

I plopped down against the wall and sighed, closing my eyes. I was so tired. I soon fell asleep. "You think she's all right?" I heard  a voice ask. "She looks it. Maybe she's just asleep." Another voice said. "Alec. Why in the world would she be sleeping in the streets?" Yet another asked. "Maybe she doesn't have anywhere to go." The man, Alec I guess, answered. Just keep pretending to be asleep and maybe they'll leave you alone. I thought to myself. I was completely wrong. Someone was shaking me. What do they want from me? I clearly don't want to be disturbed. Why can't they be like everybody else and ignore me? I opened my eyes to see one boy crouching in front of me and the other four standing not that far behind. What do these guys want?

The last time I was in a situation like this, the men raped me. These boys didn't seem like they wanted to hurt me though. From their conversation, they sounded more concerned than anything. I can't let my guard down though. "Are you all right?" The guy crouched in front of me asked. I didn't say anything. He looked back at his friends, who just shrugged. "Maybe we should introduce ourselves first." The tallest one suggested. The boy in front of me nodded. "I'm Jon. That's Alec, Tico, Richie, and David." The boy said. Each said their hellos after they were introduced. I took in their appearances.

Jon had shaggy brownish-blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He had no shirt on but wore a light blue jean jacket, a purple scarf, and blue leopard print pants. Alec was the second shortest of them all. He had black hair, brown eyes, and a goatee. He wore a faded yellow shirt with black stripes, a wristwatch, a black trench coat, and blue jeans. Tico was the shortest. He had long, curly black hair and dark brown eyes. He wore a light purple and black jacket and blue jeans. Richie was the tallest of them all. He had long dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wore pink shirt with black stripes and black leather pants. Then there's David. He had curly blondish-brown hair and bright blue eyes. He wore a purple shirt with a lighter purple vest over top of it, a black leather jacket, and dark jeans.

"So what's your name?" David asked. "Angela." I said quietly. "Well, Angela, why are you sleeping out here?" Tico asked. "I don't wanna talk about it." I muttered. "That bad, huh? Well, do you have anywhere to stay?" Jon asked. I just shook my head. He looked at the others who nodded. "Well, I think we have an extra room. You could come stay with us." Jon said. "I don't want to be a bother." I said. "You won't be any bother to us." Richie said. "If anything, we'll be a bother to you." Tico said. The boys laughed. I just smiled. They seem like pretty nice guys. Jon stood up and held his hand out to help me up. I hesitated but took his hand. God. What have I gotten myself into?