Gone

Princess, zara tie bandhne me meri madad karna!

Beta, mere saath parlour chalo gi?

Choti, Saad ki birthday hai kal yeh gift wrap kardo please!

Chutki, please Baba ko convince karo mujhe car lejane dein!

The requests kept coming, yet there was no one to fulfil them. Their lives were empty. There was a void in their heart and nothing could fix it. They had lost everything in one night. One mistake cost them a loss of a lifetime. Nothing remained after she left them...nothing at all. Their mornings were dull, their evenings quiet and their nights restless as she took all the light and beauty of life with her.

Her laughter still echoed throughout the quite rooms. Her footsteps still sounded throughout the house, making everyone aware of her absence. Nothing was the same anymore. Their desire to be happy again was lost to her desire of being free. Once upon a time, they'd tell her to stop talking. And now, the same ears yearned to hear that voice, the voice that was the soul of their house, the voice that was now only alive in their minds.

Her father's reason to live had been snatched away from him. She was his life, his happiness, the core of his heart. He would stare at her picture for hours, talking to her as if she was still there, as if she'd respond. Yet he was met with deafening silence. His heart ached every time he saw a little girl with her father on the streets, each time someone spoke about their daughter because his baby girl had left him forever.

Her mother still had tears in her eyes, tears that seemed to have no end. She could not stop mourning her loss, couldn't believe she had lost the apple of her eye to fate. All that remained of her was a broken mother who could only cherish the memories that she had left with her. She would spend her days staring at the door, hoping to hear that cheerful greeting again, wishing for her to return and engulf her in a tight hug.

Her brothers were absolutely broken. They had lost the biggest, most precious gift the Almighty had sent them. They silently blamed themselves for what had happened. They were battling with their emotions every day, trying to forgive themselves, but lost each day as the scene continued to play in front of their eyes. They lay awake at night, staring at the ceiling, wishing they'd listened to her request that day, desiring they hadn't been selfish, then maybe she would still be with them.

They were all broken, having nothing left. Everything reminded them of her. Her things remained untouched, her memories buried in their hearts. They would look back to the day she was gifted to them. The happiness that engulfed them when the doctor announced their desire of a daughter and sister had been fulfilled. They remembered when they would look at her and admire her for bringing joy to their lives, for showing them the true spirit of life.

Success soon followed after she was born. Her father got a promotion, her eldest brother got into the most prestigious University of the city and her second brother scored the highest marks in his batch. They adored their baby girl, loved her pampered her and kept her safe from all the horrors of the world. Until that day...

They remembered everything. The smile on her angelic face just before horror masked her features when she saw the bright light of the car. The scream that escaped her throat when she was thrown across the street after the forceful contact. Carrying her frail body to the emergency room. Feeling helpless when they stood outside the operation theatre, while she fought for life until she succumbed to fate and left them. They remembered staring at her lifeless face which had lost all light when they were wishing for it to be a horrible nightmare.

Now they stare at her picture, their tears falling onto her flawless face, bright with a smile. She was in their lives for a short while, yet she gave them a dozen memories. She taught them how to love life, how to look at the positive side of everything and most important of all, to cherish what they had. She had left them and all that remained were Her Memories.
------------------------------------------
A/N
Hello World! This is the first time I've ever published anything online! Good? Okay? Terrible? Feel free to comment!

Hope You guys enjoyed it! Bye!