(Don't) Forget My Love

Pairing: Isaac Lahey x Reader, Bonus Scott and Stiles.
Word Count: 2k+
Warning: Angst, fluff, there's a lot of talking in this one. These guys had a lot to say apparently and not all of very nice so there's some harsh language too. Smut, unprotected sex (WRAP YOUR DING BEFORE YOU DONG)

Inspiration: "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" ~ Backstreet Boys

"Destiny is everything

Reality's replaced you with

The biggest empty void I've ever had in life

Bet you say that I don't care

I bet you say that I don't even think of you

But God knows how wrong you are"

Reader

The sound of a key turning in the lock woke me from a fitful sleep. The clock on the nightstand blared 7:00pm in mocking red numbers. Isaac's home. I never intend on staying, but watching him turn his back on me hurt more than I cared to admit. Knowing he was justified in his actions it made everything worse. Isaac walked into the bedroom and set his stuff down. I pretended to still be asleep; facing him right now was too much to cope with. He sat down on the edge of the mattress.

He whispered my name softly; his voice cracked with anxiety. It seemed as if he were afraid I was some twisted illusion his mind cooked up. I gave no response. He tentatively reached out to touch my shoulder; feeling my warmth underneath his hand, he breathed a sigh of relief. He pulled away and I felt the bed shift under his weight. Under the impression that I was fast asleep, Isaac began to argue with himself.

"I shouldn't have let you stay last night. I shouldn't have kissed you. Why did I kiss you? I shouldn't have slept with you in the shower. I shouldn't want to lie next to you and hold you in my arms. I shouldn't still want you. Why do I still want you?" Isaac sighed deeply again and stood up from the bed. The sound of retreating footsteps told me that I was alone again. Hearing his voice full of torment was apt retribution. I had no one to blame but myself...and I did. I broke his heart; I'd carry the shame of that choice for the rest of my existence.

The sound of pots and pans clanging softly shook me from my self-deprecating train of thought. Curiosity took root and I rose from my feigned slumber. Sitting up on with my knees hugged to my chest, I watched as he angrily busied himself with cooking. He was so beautiful this way; controlled ire yet wild fury. I knew his wounds ran deep...they were a profound echo of my own.

The smell of my favourite dish being prepared filled my nose, my heart ached. I couldn't believe he still remembered after all these years. I could still hear him arguing with himself. The sound of shrimp hissing in a frying pan floated into the bedroom. I was so torn between wanting to go to him and knowing I should probably leave him be. Who was I to just burst into his life like this? Who was I to keep hurting him this way? Why can't I stop hurting him? Why can't I stop hurting?

I decided to get out of bed.

Isaac

Isaac was so engrossed in making you dinner that he didn't notice you'd entered the kitchen. The feeling of your arms sliding around his waist made his heart soar. Memories of your relationship hit him all at once. For just a split second, he felt whole again. For just a split second, he was complete. Then he remembered you were the one who left him in the first place. Pulling out of your embrace, he whirled around to face you.