Chapter Two

Hello everybody this is day two of the updates going till Christmas and I hope you're all enjoying it so far.  This so far has been super fun to right and I can't wait till we get farther into the book because I have so many ideas.  Anyway I hope you all enjoy this chapter.  Now on with the story.

Conner sighed as he sat down at the edge of the cliff pulling his knees closer to his chest looking at the view of the ocean.

"Sup Conner," A mysterious voice said.

Conner looked up to see a girl sitting in a tree.

"Ummm who are you?" Conner asked.

"I go by the name of lightning," Lightning replied. "Anyway enough about me what are you doing out here all alone you should be inside with your friends spending the start of the Christmas season with them."

"But they aren't my actual blood family," Conner said.

"Conner your family doesn't just have to consist of being related by blood-" Lightning was interrupted when she saw Aqualad coming out. "Crap. Conner, I have to go you can't tell anyone about me ok."

"But-"

"Conner please."

"Ok, I won't tell anyone."

"Good now I'll see you soon."

And like that, she was gone in a Flash. Kaulder came over behind Conner.

"May I join you?" Kaulder asked.

Conner nodded slightly thinking about what the mysterious girl had just said to him. He moved over a bit then pulled his knees back further into his chest.

"You are wrong my friend," Kaulder said.

"Wrong about what?" Conner asked innocently.

"About not having a family. Family are the people closest to you. We're all your family Conner," Kaulder said.

"Well Superman isn't exactly thrilled to have me around," Conner grimaced looking a tiny bit sad.

Conner looked like an innocent child that needed comfort from someone. So Kaulder hugged him. Conner tensed at first but then relaxed and hugged the Atlantian back. They stayed like this for a few minutes.

"My friend Superman may not be exactly thrilled at the moment but you have us. We are your family now," Kaulder said. "Now let's head back inside."

"Yeah I'd like that," Conner said smiling slightly.

*Back inside during this conversation*

"Um, where exactly are we getting the tree?" Zatanna asked.

"How big do we want it?" Robin asked.

"Pretty big we have space so let's use it," Artemis answered smiling. "Jade and I always wanted a big tree on Christmas but an apartment never had space."

"Sounds like a plan my friends," Kaulder said entering the room with Conner who looked down embarrassed for leaving so abruptly.

"Sorry about earlier guys," Conner said.

"No problem!" Wally replied putting his arm around the half-Kryptonian. He then turned to Robin. "Rob we should go ask Roy always has a nice tree we should go ask him where he gets it."

By this time Roy had left having to do something.

Sounds good to me I'll call him later tonight," Robin replied smirking.

"Even if he does tell you, you never told us how we're going to pay for it," Artemis pointed out.

"Trust me I've got it covered," Robin said waving her off. "Do you guys think you could bring in the rest of the decorations? If everyone brings something from home it won't be hard to get into the Christmas spirit."

"What about Conner and I," M'gann asked. "We are already at home so what do we do?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong but there are many traditions surrounding food I bet you would like that M'gann," Kaulder said.

M'gann's face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Of course I would love it. But what about Conner?" M'gann asked.

"He get's to pick the tree of course," Robin smirked.

Hello, everybody, this is part two and I hope you all enjoyed it. It's 24 days till Christmas. Next chapter will be picking out the tree so I hope you all will enjoy that. Who do you think the mysterious Lightning is? Anyway again I hoped you all liked it and I'll see you all tomorrow. Bye! :)

-H