I Was Forced Into Marriege

"We're out of money, Alice. Our company is going to shut down if yout kept doing charity" my dad explained to me. He look really serious and dissapointed at me.

I think it is my fault using money from the company to do the charity thing.

"We're going go bankrap and probably our company is going to shut down but-" my dad stop explain. Something feeling guilty inside him. I could see his eyes even though is not his fault.

"But what?" Why dad look guilty?

"Dad's friend, Mr. William is willing to help us" mom said. Ana look down without an eye contact. "Only if you marry his son, Jules" my mom said.

I watch their face especially Ana, I could see her smirking even though she looking down.

"What!? No! I don't want to get marry!" I quickly stand up and yelled at them. "Alice, you have to get marry for the sake of our company!" My sister stand try to defend our parents decision.

"Then, why don't you go marry with Mr. William's son!?" I shouted at Ana.

"I don't want too!"

"So am I!" I can't help but feel the anger burning in my heart. "Enough!" My dad screamed at us to stop yelling each other. I stopped myself for arguing my sister. "Decision is made up. Alice you're the one we've choosen to marry Jules" my dad staring at me and then Ana.

"Why must me? You guys know I can't do this marriege thing" I couldn't believe this is my parents. My nose is itching because I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes. "You're the eldest, you must understant this, Alice. It's for the sake of our company" my mom tried to comfort me, I can see it.

But my heart doesn't see her comfort.

"I don't want to marry someone that I don't love" I don't want to be weak in front them so I quickly wipe my tears. "You guys must understand my feelings too" I honestly said.

"It's your fault, Alice. Your the one who is using the money" Ana said without feeling guilty to her sister. I gasped in shock becaus of her words. Why she change so sudden?

Suddenly, I remembered my conversation with Jack this evening.

"Do you think I don't know that you give Jack $2000?" I said to Ana. "What are you talking about?" She's lying to me.

"Do you trying to trap me, Ana?"

"Mom, dad. She's lying" Ana making sad expression to mom and dad. "We believe you honey" said my mom while pat her head. I look shocked at them. How about me? Their daughter too.

"What? Why you guys change so sudden? Mom, dad. I'm your daughter too" I said.

They keep the room silent. They hiding something from me. Something deep secret in this family but they never share to me.

I take a walk upstairs and locked myself in my room for days. I didn't eat or clean myself. I smelled like a dog. I think myself and try to remember what they've said. 

I think positive so I just accept myself to be with someone I don't love. "Alice, you must understand our situations" my mom begging me while knocking on my door lightly.

I take a deep breath and open my door. I saw mon watching me. She must be shocked looking at how terrible I looked. "Alice, you know I love you" She look worrily at me. "You love me but doing things abd forcing me is not a proof of loving me" I confessed. I know she was hurt by my words. But that is how I felt for them right now. "But it's okay, I will follow what you guys hoping me to do. I will marry that guy for the sake of our family company"

I see my mom's reaction on her face. She's glad, happy that I finally accept marrying a guy I barely know. "I was so happy for you, Alice! I'll make sure the wedding is tommorow. I will get ready your wedding dress" She leave quickly going downstair.

I brush my hair slightly and I feel tears of desperation and regret.

I realise my family's happiness is wealth not love. I know that our company is really important to us but there must be another way to gain the money.

Why? Why? Must it be myself?

Their daughter. Their own blood.

Sometimes I didn't feel like their daughter at all. Maybe I'm the one who's being dramatic right now. I walk inside my room an take a quick shower.

I felt really weak to walk.

My mom saw me this terrible. She suppose to take care of me first than the stupid wedding.