"The crooked man"

Jason is a 12 year old boy who always had this one big fear and his fear was non other then the crooked man.
Even though the crooked man was a poem, an unrealistic character , he still hated and feared the crooked man.
One night while Jason was fast asleep , he was suddenly woken up by a voice that seemed to coming from downstairs. It was 12:00 o'clock Jason thought who might it be downstairs at this time of the night ?
As he got closer to his door , to see what was all the fuss about,  he heard the song that he dreaded the most , it was the crooked mans song.
He suddenly became very afraid. He decided to go wake up his mum and tell her about the situation.
Just when when he was about to reach his mother's room , he saw his mother going down the stairs. He called after her but she didn't look back. He started following her ,calling her but she still didn't responded.
After her mother entered the kitchen the song suddenly stopped.
He felt relived.
He went inside the kitchen to thank his mother .
Just as he was about to say something , his mother began to laugh and her body began to bend in different directions and with each bending came a sickening sound of bones breaking.
She then suddenly began to grow taller and taller and her clothes changed into what seemed like a suit and now she was wearing a hat on her head and holding a stick in her left hand.
Jason became very afraid.
Jason knew that this thing was not his mother but something that seemed familiar to him.
The thing standing in the kitchen suddenly turned it's head and that was when Jason became completely paralysed with fear , he wanted to scream  but no voice was coming out of his mouth , he wanted to run but his body was not moving.
He watched hopelessly as the thing with eyes as black as a coal and a sickening permanent  smile on his face that seemed to be carved with a knife started advancing towards him.
The thing started to sing
There was once a crooked man who had a crooked smile!
He laughed while eating the crooked children as they begged for their crooked life!
And just then Jason completely blacked out.

It was now 9:00 am and Jasons mother just woke up since it was Saturday.
She went to jasons room to wake him up but he wasn't there , so she went downstairs , thought he might be there.
But when she entered the kitchen  she became completely horrified as she saw her 12 year old son lying on the floor laughing and singing
There was once a crooked man who had a crooked smile.
He laughed while eating the crooked children as they begged for their crooked life!