02; cotton candy

"So, how did you three manage to escape before Mighty Med was destroyed?" Chase questioned the three heroes as everyone entered the penthouse

"So, how did you three manage to escape before Mighty Med was destroyed?" Chase questioned the three heroes as everyone entered the penthouse. Davenport had gone in a few minutes before them, leaving the group to get to know each other— so far, it had been going well for everyone except Talia. She was contemplating taking another swan dive off the terrace just to get away from the awkwardness.

"We were off capturing my mom." Oliver responded nonchalantly. "I mean, yeah, she's an evil lunatic who will spend the rest of her life in prison, but if it weren't for her we would've been killed. So, silver lining!"

"You're an odd little man." Bree commented from over in the kitchen. The downstairs portion of the penthouse was all open concept, the kitchen & living room essentially being in the same room; it was nice.

"Not the first time I've heard that."

"So.." Talia trailed off, twirling a strand of her dark hair. "In case anyone was wondering, my name's Talia."

"We know." Skylar stated firmly; Talia couldn't tell if it was meant to sound as rude as it had, but it most definitely did. It was clear Skylar wasn't a fan of her— not that anyone would be.

"Talia Reyes, born October 28th, 1999 to the superheroes Static Shock & Encrypto in Ontario, Canada. She inherited powers from both of her parents, causing somewhat of a mutation that allows her to generate destructive viruses instead of just encrypting systems like her father." Kaz informed the group, earning some confused looks in response. "I might've read a few of her comics."

"By a few, he means all." Oliver scoffed, recalling years ago when Kaz had been as obsessed with Virus as he was with Skylar. Of course the phase quickly passed when she became known as a villain, wreaking havoc on the world rather than working to better it as she had once done. "Kaz was the number one Virus fan before she decided to be evil."

"I didn't decide to be evil." Talia defended herself, her blank expression moulding into a frown. "If you read issue 78 you'd know I was—"

"In the same room as a bomb that took the lives of both your parents & left you critically injured." Kaz interrupted, having read that comic as well. Truthfully, he read every Virus comic even after she had become the villain of the story— her sarcastic comments & careless attitude were too funny to ignore simply because she had become one of the bad guys. "You were saved by Seraphine & Roboto, two villains who wanted you for your powers. They planned to break into the Pentagon & steal private military files but they couldn't do it without you."

"I didn't do that." The girl snapped, quickly shutting him down before he had the chance to convince the others she was even worse than they already believed. "Seraphine paid WiFi to do it, I was still recovering from the blast. WiFi got Roboto in, but Titanio found them before they managed to get their hands on anything. Roboto has been in Mighty Med's prison ever since, as has WiFi."