Scarlet swim trunks and dreaded coolers

I watched Sabrina blush at my ex-friend tuck one of her long beautiful blond hairs behind her ear, and disappear upstairs. I turn to Joe, whose eyes are focused on Sabrina's now closed bedroom door, a smil on his face. I clenched my fists in anger. Why am I so angry at him? He's my best friend and my role model. I'm not...jealous of the way Sabrina looks at him...am I? He sighs and let's out a wolf whistle.
"Man, your girlfriend is hot!" I blush and clench my fists tighter. That slime ball has no business saying that, the stupid jerk. Ha, I wish. Shut up Puck, you do not like ugly! "She's not my girlfriend." I say, glaring at him, but the glare does nothing to shake the look on his face. He looks at me in surprise, then smiles smugly.
     "Really? From the way you looked at her I assumed you two were, you know." A horrifying thought flickers across my mind. If this was what he did to her when he thought we were dating, how would he treat her now that he knew she was single.
     "We're not."
     "Well then you won't mind if I ask her out, will you?" He knew he didn't care if he actually didn't want him to ask her out.
     "Why?"
     "Cause she is super hot dude, can't you see that? I mean.....wow!" I clench my fists tighter, grinding my teeth. Sabrina is super hot but that doesn't mean that he can say that! "That hair, and.....that body! I am sooo glad that it's swimsuit season! Is there a nearby pool?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and elbows me and I growl quietly, glaring at him, but he doesn't notice. "What was that?" I mutter nothing and we hear a door open from upstairs. Sabrina comes out wearing a black bikini and a pair of jean shorts. She has an unbuttoned light green shirt and black sunglasses on her forehead. She smiles at our open mouths and poses, pretending to be a hot shot model. She puts one hand on her hip and leans over, making a winky face.
     "Enjoying the view?" Neither of us says a thing, but Joe leans over and whispers, I guess that answers my question, in my ear. I growl again and turn back to Sabrina who is standing in front of me. She smiles at me and I try to form words, stammering. She raises an eyebrow and grins smugly at me, chewing on the handle of her sunglasses. "Close your mouth fairyboy, you look like a fish." She throws a piece of cloth at my face and I pick it off holding it off. It was my favorite pair of swim trunks, a purple one with a green stripe going through it. "We're going swimming snot face, get changed." I went to head up the stairs, but Joe rushed past me eagerly. I sent a death glare up at him and trudged up the stairs. I open the door to my room, and walk to the bathroom, but it's locked, great! I walk away to go use Sabr-Ugly's bathroom but I hear a voice echo from the locked door.
     "Yes Master, I remember the plan. Everything is going fine. The girl has no idea, but the boy is onto me. Yes, I have an idea of how to stop him from convincing her. Oh, but just one more thing. Remember the agreement. Puck and Sabrina are mine." I gasp and remove my ear from the door, stumbling backwards. The door unlocks and it swings open to reveal Joe, but there is a red handprint on his bare chest.
     "Y-Y-You're one of them. You're-" Joe steps toward me and I back into a cooler, falling back onto my elbows. Geez, Sabrina is right, I need to clean my room.
     "Yes, I'm part of the Scarlet Hand. But if you tell anybody about this, I will kill those you love most." I stand up, furious and lean into his face.
     "Don't you dare hurt Sabrina!" He laughs and I am caught off guard once again. I fall backwards, once again at the fault of the dreaded cooler, and Jonas leans down and brings out a dagger.
     "So you do love her, I knew it. But don't worry, I won't hurt Sabrina, she's essential to my plan. I meant one of the others, maybe that girl you told me about, Marshmallow." He takes the dagger and makes a cut on the tip of my nose and I wince, but to that he just makes a cutting motion against his throat. I glare at him and he walks back into the bathroom, smiling evilly. But being me, I don't heed his warnings. As soon as the door shuts, I rush downstairs and see Sabrina laughing at something Uncle Jake said. I grab her wrist and pull her out of the room, leaving a confused Jake.
"What's going on?" She had a worried expression on her face, a crinkle in between her perfect eyebrows, which she never plucked, and right above her sparkling green eyes.... Focus Puck! Snap out of it!
"Okay, I know this sounds idiotic and crazy, which it usually is-"
She crossed her arms, smiling widely. "Glad to see you finally admit it."
"But this is serious." Her smile dissipated and she grabbed my arm, which sent tingles up and down my spine.
"What? What is it? Puck, you're scaring me!" I blushed and looked down at my arm, which she was still clutching. She realized what she was doing and blushed, removing her clammy hand from my bicep.
"Okay. I am not lying. I swear. This may shock you though, you might want to sit down." She sat down in a seat at the kitchen table, nervously crossing her arms and fiddling with the dirt under her fingernails. That was one of the things I liked about her, she wasn't like other girls. She wasn't desperate for attention and didn't have to wear tight skirts and twelve layers of makeup to look pretty. She was a natural beauty, and didn't even try. She snapped in my face and I immediately came out of my trance, only to see her annoyed and worried face. "Okay. You know Joe?" She rolled her eyes and scoffed.
"No, of course I don't know the boy I just met five minutes ago." She said sarcastically, laughing a bit. "Of all the dumb things you've said fairy boy, this has got to be one of the worst."
"So...hespartofthescarlethand." I mumbled, rubbing my bare arm. She looked at me weirdly, raising a single eyebrow.
"What?"
"I said... He's part of the Scarlet hand." She looked at me with a black expression, but it was clearly turned to annoyance. She stood up and started to walk past me.
"That's it. I'm done." I raced after her in panic, stepping in front of the doorway and blocking it with my arms and legs.
"Brina, please, I'm telling the truth!" She tried to pull my arms from their secure grip on the banister, but to no prevail. I had gotten stronger over the past couple of years if I do say so myself.
"And why should I believe you, huh?" I looked her straight in the eyes and stepped closer, leaving my hands still gripped to the wall.
"Because you can trust me." Her eyes grew clearer and forgiving, but she shook her head and they went back to their usual annoyed look. She pushed past me and stormed into the living room.
"Come on Joe! We're leaving!" Joe ran down the stairs, but not before glaring at me and Uncle Jake and sticking his tongue out. Sabrina looked at this exchange between the three of us, and huffed once.
"Boys!" She went out the door and left it wide open, sending in a cool breeze. Joe went to follow her, as did I, but he slammed the door in my face.
"Don't wait ups," I sighed and touched the door, then turned to face a smirking Jake.
"What did you do to piss her off this time, eh?" He raised an eyebrow, gesturing his head at the door. I plopped on the couch, giving him a don't-even-think-about-it look.
"Shut up." He sat next to me, still smiling.

Sorry, kind of boring, but don't worry, the action you guys ordered is coming in the next chapter. But what do you think Joe is up to? Why is Puck so worried? What is up with the rest of the Grimm family? Why am I asking so many questions? All this will be answered and more on the next episode of, A friends betrayal.
Emma.