Chapter Five: Another Spark

A/N:
WARNING: Slight leftover gore in the beginning that was mentioned last chapter... Not too bad though... (The bold words are memory flashes from the previous chapter...)

~~~~~
(Y/n)'s POV

I looked up as I saw his confused face, he didn't know who I really was... So to him, hearing that I remembered everything wasn't necessarily a bad thing...

I looked at what I had just accomplished... feeling satisfied...

"Isn't that a good thing?! That's what you wanted the most!" Rick shouted panicking. He really was freaking out... Did this mean that he... cared?............ I quickly dashed the thought out of my head: Nah, he's probably just worried that I'm going to be all depressed and no fun anymore...

Four years later, I began drinking, as a lousy attempt to forget that night...

"Of course it's a good thing... But, some memories aren't worth recalling..." I replied as he froze in mid-panic. Turned to look at my face, looking quite upset as his brow furrowed with minor anger, as if I was saying that I wished that I had kept my amnesia forever... But it wasn't like that...

I watched her choke on the blood that filled within her gaping mouth, starting to overflow onto her pale cheeks... An impish grin curling back onto my face, stretching from cheekbone to cheekbone...

"What are you hiding?" He asked with an angered tone in his voice.

She slipped into her eternal rest... Dreaming of nightmares as the horror was still frozen onto her face...

"What?! I-I'm not-" I stopped as I realized that that would've been a lie... My tears began to well up again... I looked into his eyes, my eyes shown worry, guilt, and fear... I didn't want him to think of me like the others in society would... That's why I never told anyone... Each person on this god damned planet all thought the same thing... And their judgement was not in my favor here... He saw the fear and regret deep within my soul, his angered face, started to show one with empathy...

The truth will rise... Revealed by mirrored eyes...

"I know that look... You are guilty of something, aren't you (y/n)? You did something unbearably cruel, haven't you?"

After the adrenaline rush had left, I looked back at the face of the one being I had at one point known as my mother, murdered on the ground... I looked at the knife I used finish it off still in my hand... Covered with my loving mother's blood...

"What? How did you-" I began but he looked away as he confessed a little something of his own.

"It's the same face I see everyday in the mirror..." He confessed.

"... Rick?..." I asked, wondering where he was going with all of this...

"Why else do you think I'm wanted by the Galactic Federation?" He questioned, looking at me with a serious, straight-faced expression. I gave him a look of realization... He was guilty of something just as bad as me...

"You mean you-" He cut me off once more.

"Killed people close to me because I snapped without warning, yes..." There was a pause of silence. I leaned against the wall across from him and slid down the wall, sitting on the ground. I stared at the floor as one of my legs was sprawled out in front of me, while the other was close to my abdomen as I rested my elbow on top of it.

"Who did you kill?" I asked, looking up at him.

"One of my best recruits. I killed him because he thought about, and then actually attempted, turning me over to the fed..." He replies, watching the ground as he is recalling the memory.