Just a Girl

SYRENA'S POV

Blues, purples, and pinks gracefully dance about in the open air, painting upon the sky a glorious picture as if a painter of great years blended these three colors into this exquisite painting. As dusk was onlooking, the waves of the ocean seemed restless, spraying showers of salty turquoise water onto my sun-tanned face, leaving glistening speckles of moisture where they had kissed me. The waves would slowly and swiftly roll in on themselves towards the beach, then playfully crash along the sand throwing the waves upon the shore. Over and over again the waves would stretch out along the beach, sprawling out in every which way, then slinkily retreat back to the rest of the water.

From where I laid, my stomach to the sky, I could see off to my left the green, lush meadow, where the white daisies, pink and orange lilies, and my personal favorite, the alstroemerias, blue, pink, and purple, billowed and swayed in the cool, crisp air. Off to my right and in front of me was the undulating ocean, hissing and purring with the beat of the waves. Behind me, in the far off distance, past the meadow, and over the rushing creek, was this mysteriously ironic place called home.

--------

Hi my name is Crystal. I normally don't write stories but I might. Please read and comment. Anything helps. Thank you very much! ❤