Chapter 1

*Ross POV*

Aubrianna and I sat on the swing in her backyard laughing. I looked over and saw her look up at me with her breathtaking smile and bright blue eyes.

"Promise me something Ross?"

"Anything" I replied. I really would do anything for her.

"Promise we'll always be best friends?"

My heart dropped a little. Only best friends. That's all we would ever be.

"I promise"

I've had the biggest crush on Bri ever since we met two years ago. I remember first seeing her beautiful face and long, brown curls. I immediately fell for her. It's almost like I'm stuck in a trance I just can't get out of. Everything about her is just amazing. She has the most unique personality. She shows love to everyone even if she just met them. It's like people are just drawn to her and want to get to know her. She comes to me about everything. I know her whole life story and she knows mine. All of that doesn't matter though because she just wants to be best friends. Plus she has a boyfriend named Landen. I'm not really a fan of him. He's much older than her and just doesn't seem like he really loves her. I just have a weird feeling in my gut about him. I sometimes see bruises on Bri's face that she tries to cover up but it doesn't work very well. Whenever I ask her about them she just immediately says "Oh it's from skateboarding." Which could be true but I'm just not sure. She looks tough on the outside but I know she's fragile on the inside.

"I forgot! Your sister asked me to stay the night tonight so we better get over to your house before she gets mad at me!" Bri said snapping me back to reality.

"Okay! Come on."

*Bri's POV*

After having an awesome day with Ross, I was excited to hang out with Rydel! She's one of my closest friends! She's my girl best friend since Ross is my guy best friend. Ross and I walked in the front door and he yelled, "I'M HOME!"

Next thing I knew Rydel ran down the stairs with a smile on her face.

"Hey sweet thang" she winked then pulled me upstairs to her room. "Get changed into your pj's so we can have a movie night!"

"Okay!" I replied. I grabbed my tshirt and sweats from my bag and changed in her room. I didn't mind and I know Rydel didn't either. I mean we're both girls so what does it matter?

"Bri, what is that?" she asked.

"What is what?"

"That on your back. Is that a bruise?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. Landen. When I tried to walk out the other night he wouldn't let go and pressed way to hard. We've been together for about fifteen months and it didn't used to be this way.

Flashback

It was a hot June day that I decided to take a walk on the beach. I slipped on my royal blue bikini and sunglasses then made my way out the door to my car.

My parents and I moved into this house about a month and a half ago. I already knew the area pretty well and made six new friends. Riker, Rocky, Ross, Rydel, Ryland, and Ellington which I guess he's also known as Ratliff since he's in R5. They've all become like a second family to me, even Stormie and Mark. I normally spend every day with at least one of them since my parents were too busy to even hold a conversation with me. I was used to my parents being that way though. We've moved several times in my eighteen year life span. Each of those times I've never found any friends like the ones I have now.

I arrived at the beach that was twenty minutes away from my house. As soon as I stepped on the white sand, a smile grew on my face. I absolutely loved the beach! It became my one place to just get away from everything. I made my way down to the water where the sand wasn't so hot and began my walk. I loved watching the different people and their ways of having fun on the beach. I watched the surfers catch their waves, little kids making sand castles, and teens playing volleyball.