Chapter 1

"Damn it!"  I scream at the top of my lungs.

"What is it now, Lilly?!"  My mom says as she enters my room.

"Niall just ended his follow spree!  And guess who's without a follow from him again?!  ME!"

"Maybe it's time you let Niall go a little bit...I mean, you've been putting all your effort and life into Twitter and One Direction these days.  You should be social every once in a while!"

So this is what a basic day in my life consists of.  I try my absolute hardest each and every day to get a follow or get noticed on Twitter, and all my mom does is criticize me.  At least I'm doing well in school!  She just doesn't understand how much I really want this!

I look back to Twitter and look at Niall's following list.  Oh how I wish that was me!  I sing in my head.  I just want to be able to DM him and actually talk to him. 

Of course, I absolutely love Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Louis as well (and would definitely appreciate a follow from them too), but there's just something different about Niall.  At least there is to me. 

I just love him so much it hurts sometimes!

I guess I should go to bed, even though it's only 10:30, I think to myself.  And I have a really important day tomorrow.

--------------

"Wake up!!!"  My mother announces right into my ear with her overly bubbly voice.  "It's going to be the best day of your life!"

Her breath is potent with the smell of coffee (which I can't stand), but I can tell why it is, seeing as it's about 3:30 in the morning.

I hop down off of my bed on the top bunk down onto my 12 year-old sister, Melanie's bunk to wake her up.  "Ow!"  She yells as I jump on her feet.

"It's time to get up!" I loudly proclaim.  "Remember, you have to come with me for support!"  I laugh at myself because I know Melanie is jealous of me.  She has wanted to be a singer for a few years now, too, but I'm the one who's actually old enough to audition for our favorite reality TV show.  The X Factor U.S.